General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 F150 Sync Stopped Talking? Radio/CD swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2015 F150 Sync Stopped Talking? Radio/CD swap

Okay. I bought my 2015 F150 about a year ago. I recently took it in for an oil change. That was it. When I got the truck back from the dealer and on the way home, I got a message for Sirrius telling me that my radio was not authorized and to call a number. I did. When I read them the serial number for the radio, the Sirrius operator tells me that my radio is not the radio that was previously registered to Sirrius. They hook me up but I am thinking, "What the heck? They swapped my radio!".

No big deal. Re-synced my android Samsung Galaxy S6 and all works fine in the base sync system. I have a 2015 F150 with the basic 301A package. The base Sync.

A couple of weeks go by and I try a CD in the CD player. Loads but then doesn't play. Hit eject and nothing. CD doesn't rise and eject.

Take truck back to dealer for next oil change. Explain that the CD player isn't working. They order a new one and then swap it out for a new CD player only.

My phone is no longer synced. I re-sync it. I set my GPS and start driving home. I can hear my GPS (Waze app on my phone) through the bluetooth in the truck. Works fine. About halfway home, I get a call on my phone and try to answer it. The caller can hear me but I cannot hear the caller. If I press the activate Sync button on the steering wheel, it doesn't say, "Please say a command". I can see the menu come up but cannot hear anything.

Try a master re-set. Hit the button on the steering wheel for Sync and I still do not hear anything. I try re-installing my Sync update from my USB flashdrive. Takes 30 minunte and when all done, still nothing when I hit the activate Sync button. I cannot hear "Please say a command". I try to make a call and the same problem. Caller can hear me but I cannot hear the caller. I have to take it off bluetooth to talk. Again, the media bluetooth connection will play back my Waze app GPS audible as well as music but I cannot hear a call or make a call. Bizarre. Oh and Sirrius unregistered radio pops up again. Have to go through that again.

Take back to the dealer. They swap out the radio part this time. Same issues all over again. It is like the two do not want to talk if they do not come from the same unit. They are swapping out both the radio and the CD player today with a new matching unit. If that doesn't work, then what?

Odd thing was that I have a portable DVD player in the back for my kids. The cigarette lighter plug connector broke off one day and got stuck inside. When I tried to remove it, I blew a fuse. Removed the DVD plug and replaced the fuse. Rear power plug been working fine since then.

However, I am wondering if this has anything to do with the phone feature and Sync commands not working. Anyone had a similar issue? If so, what did you do to fix it?