General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 f150 iwe issues.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 f150 iwe issues.

I'm starting to loose my sanity over this problem with my truck. This all started with the grinding at the drivers side front hub. And then the odd bang when shifting to 4x4.and then the odd time power assit on the brakes would die randomly while driving, and brake light would come on. Also a clicking noise coming from the transfercase shifting form 4H to 2H.Then just no 4x4. And that's when I ventured down the IWE "rabbit hole" and what a nightmare it has been. I replaced both IWE's,drivers side upper control arm because the ball joint was piled, and I was already tearing it apart anyway. Chased miles of vacuum lines for leaks to find nothing. Then I changed my IWE solenoid and something. I had 4x4 for that day. Next day go to use my 4x4 nothing. Now this is where it starts to make even less sense. I just disconnected the the vacuum lines to the IWE seloiod completely and plugged them. Now 4H and 2H 4L all work. And there' no clicking coming from the transfer case anymore when shifting from 4H back to 2H....... I'm so confused.

Quick Reply: 2014 f150 iwe issues.