Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 FX2 - Sony/Nav/Sync Stereo problem

Old 07-24-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 FX2 - Sony/Nav/Sync Stereo problem

Sorry for the long post, but after several weeks of researching and not being able to find an identical problem, I thought I would post the problem I am having with my stereo upgrade.

I have a 2012 FX2 Screw with the dreaded Sony/Nav/Sync system. After upgrading all the factory speakers to Polk DB6502 components in the front doors, JBL GTO8628 two-way in the rear doors and a single 12" DVC (Kicker I think) for the sub I added an AudioControl LCQ-1 (tapped into the front tweeters, front mids, and sub outs after the Sony amp) and an Alpine five-channel amp that I had to the mix. I wasn't all that impressed with the LCQ-1 but it worked. Six months go by and everything is fine. Now, for no reason that I can think of, when you turn the volume up on the stereo somewhere around 1/4 to 1/2 way up I get this "pop" sound and all the music stops playing except for the center channel (which I left connected for now). The amp and the LCQ-1 power lights stay on but no music. Turn the truck off, restart, and the music comes back on from all speakers.

I originally thought it may be the LCQ-1 so I replaced it with the JL Fix-86 over the weekend. I rewired the Fix-86 to accept only the factory rear signal (full signal) and the factory sub and did the calibration as instructed. System sounded great...louder than it has ever been before! It appeared the problem was solved...nope! The next day driving to the beach, I crank it up and about 15 minutes into the drive I get the dreaded "pop" and all music stops again. Fix-86 and amp power lights still on so it doesn't appear to be "overloaded" or a fuse issue. Turn the truck off, restart, and the music starts again.

This is really starting to get annoying and I have literally checked and double checked every wire, connection, fuse, etc. that I can think of. Any advise, suggestions, or links to a similar problem is much appreciated.

Search this Thread