General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 F150 Turn Signal

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2011 F150 Turn Signal

I have a 2011 F150, The drivers rear turn signal and brake not working. front blinker is hyperflashing. checked and changed bulbs tested fused and sockets and traced wires because the computer says grounded wire still nothing we also change the flasher switch. my brothers truck also the same year and model is having the same problem anyone out there have any suggestions. really need the help trying to fix ourselves if we can on a fixed income.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:14 PM

I've been battling this issue for about 2 months now. Tearing into every little thing I can find. I've picked up a lot of skills on the way with my dad teaching me basic electrical. He just sent me this today, he found it somewhere online; I'm going to try today. I'll post back with results. I hope it works, my inspection ran out at the beginning of the month.

"I can't believe nobody has posted the answer here. The problem is in the body control module(BCM). Any time a bulb burns out or a short develops, it causes the BCM to shut off the power to the rear lights on that particular circuit. So, replace the bulbs and check the connectors(C134 and C145) for corrosion. Once the problem is fixed, have the dealer reset the BCM."

"Alouicious - You are right on the money. I took my truck to a repair shop NOT THE DEALER and that is exactly what it was. The only problem is, unlike other issues, there is no code shown on your instrument panel to let you know what there is a problem. My mechanic found the problem right away, no charge!"

Old 12-21-2019, 01:58 AM

It works. I got a BlueDriver OBDii scanner as an early christmas present. Popped it in my truck, cleared the B codes. Bam. Blinker works!

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 Turn Signal