General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 F150 FX4 Sunroof Leak

Old 03-25-2019, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 F150 FX4 Sunroof Leak

Hello-

I am wondering if it is normal to have some drops of water come in through my sunroof while getting it washed at the truck wash, the pressure from the water is pretty high. It only leaks at the rear two corners of the sunroof and is couple/several drops per corner after the water passes by. I've read some posts that this may be normal for some to come in and drain out. I don't have a wet headliner or any damage that way, it's just the couple drops of water per corner. I have tried adjusting the sunroof using the screws but that only made it worse, so I adjusted it back to where they were. If this is not normal, would it be beneficial to replace the gasket?

Any suggestions?
Old 03-25-2019, 12:42 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

If there are no drops of water entering the cab itself, then it's entirely normal. If you find water inside the moon roof drain channel, that is normal.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:24 AM

Received 226 Likes on 158 Posts

For peace of mind I'd check the drain tubes and make sure they're clear. Could be a partial blockage that's not allowing water to drain quick enough and water is backing up and leaking in a little bit. But could also just be due to the high pressure like you said, if it's not doing it when raining I honestly wouldn't worry too much

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 F150 FX4 Sunroof Leak