General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 ecoboost engine issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation 2011 ecoboost engine issues

hello all, so i have a 2011 f 150 ecoboost and i was driving it and it started making a slight noise from under the hood, so i pull over and check it out, looked under the hood everything was all good, so i continued on with my route home and out of no where low oil pressure light comes on truck shuts off and I'm on the side of the road. i check the oil level and its bone dry, i get up under the truck and there is no oil anywhere under it. so i get it towed home and I'm searching all around checking all lines to see where the oil went. eventually i found that all the oil has gone into my left side (drivers side) turbo. i was wondering if anyone has had this problem or if anyone knows what could have caused it. the only modification i have on this truck is an oil catch can and everything is hooked up right i triple checked it and i just can not figure out what caused it. I'm going to pull the engine and either replace it or rubbed it because it sounds like i have a rod knock now as well, if i decide to rebuild it has anyone found a rebuild kit for this engine? i can not find one anywhere. thanks in advance - chris