Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 f150 axle shaft boot

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 05:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2010 f150 axle shaft boot

Hey guys,

I've noticed today that my passenger side has a tear in it. Now it's leaking grease on the inside of the wheel and dripping down to my garage floor. My truck is certified, it also has a leveling kit from RC on it. You think Ford will repair this at all? I'm really worried because money has really been tight lately and just another thing to go wrong. Again, truck is still under the comprehensive warranty through Ford, and have no idea how that slit in the boot came

My local ford dealer rocks. They are going to cover the boot under warranty for $100 deductible. I know that year was NOT there as I had inspected them. May have been dry rotted or just due to age (2010 with 78k miles). So that's worth it to me to pay to not have to hassle with the labor...even though I'm very well capable of doing it myself. Haven't lost too much grease, just drops that have been dropping on my inner rim....wish they would just replace the entire half shaft rather than all the work they will be doing to put on a new outer CV boot

Last edited by Kentucky5.4; 02-08-2016 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Update

Quick Reply: 2010 f150 axle shaft boot