General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 5.4 2wd hard shift this morning

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 09:16 AM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Default 2010 5.4 2wd hard shift this morning

What's up dudes? I had a hard shift this morning that hasn't got me concerned, just curious. It was after a cold night 32degrees F. I started my truck and let it run for only about a minute, not fully warmed up, then started heading home. I work nights so the truck had been sitting cold all night. I had driven about a mile and slowed to make a right hand turn. My approximate speed was 15 mph so I guess the hard shift took place from first gear to second gear as I was pulling into traffic.

I didn't WOT, or anything close to it. It was just a normal acceleration to the speed of traffic (approx 45 mph). As soon as I began to accelerate, I had a slight engine rev, then a jerk into gear (nothing out of this world, but certainly not normal operation). In the 25,000 miles I've owned it, this has not happened but just wanted to see what you guys thought. Cold tranny? I looked through the operator manual, and noticed no area to check the fluid, so I'm guessing this is a sealed tranny. Any input would be appreciated. I realize this will likely be a pretty boring thread, but would really like to hear some opinions. I have never owned a nice vehicle so I guess I kinda have a syndrome about it

Last edited by PondJumper; 01-30-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010 5.4 2wd hard shift this morning