Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 F150 headlights will not turn off.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 F150 headlights will not turn off.

2007 Ford F150 headlights stay on when vehicle is turned off key removed. Have to pull fuse to headlights #40 to prevent battery draining during day. Drl on drivers side under hood removed fuses, unplugged it, nothing. Put a tester on battery + and battery cable, began removing fuses, tried all in fuse box light on tester never went out .if it a short son no where. Checked the lightswitch, switch good. What is the solution that I am missing. No one on Ford forums knows. Please help, do a lot of driving.
Old 04-03-2023, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orange flash
2007 Ford F150 headlights stay on when vehicle is turned off key removed. Have to pull fuse to headlights #40 to prevent battery draining during day. Drl on drivers side under hood removed fuses, unplugged it, nothing. Put a tester on battery + and battery cable, began removing fuses, tried all in fuse box light on tester never went out .if it a short son no where. Checked the lightswitch, switch good. What is the solution that I am missing. No one on Ford forums knows. Please help, do a lot of driving.

I just had the same problem. My mechanic buddy figured out it was the turn signal switch. He jiggled it around and the light went off-on-off, etc. He pulled the turn signal apart and the handle fell out. It was shot. I bought a new one at O'Reilly's, we stuck it in, and it handled the problem. $100 for the part and some of my wife's fried chicken for my buddy.
The following users liked this post:
Mike713 (03-17-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 12:48 AM
Love big rubber tires

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by orange flash
Did you figure it out? Was it the turn signal like the other guy stated was his problem?? I have same issue as you. Mine started when my battery died, got a jump and the jumper cables were crossed at first. But corrected it and started after. Then y headlights wouldnt turn off and must either disconnect the battery every night or pull the fuse. But with the fuse in, the headlights stay on even during day. Maybe my sensor went bad. Wonder how to bypass it to troubleshoot that.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:48 PM
Love big rubber tires

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I just cant figure this issue out. All the fuses are ok. Sucks to take it in to spend shop costs just to fix this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 F150 headlights will not turn off.