General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Ford F-150 Driver Side Power Window Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Ford F-150 Driver Side Power Window Not Working

Hello, I own a 2005 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab and the driver side power window has just stopped working. Thankfully it is stuck in the up position. I know that it is not the switch because all the other windows roll down with the same switch. I also know that it is not the window regulator because I had that replaced 3 -4 months ago on that same window. When I click the button to roll the window down there is no response what so ever. I can hear the switch click down but there is no reaction of the window. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks
Old 09-20-2016, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi my 2005 ford f150 the driver side window will go down but not up and it is not slow or anything. I replaced the master switch 2 times and it'd fix it for about a week then stop going up again but will always go down..any idea I'd it's the window motor or the regulator..prefer not to need to buy both.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:55 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

You're not going to know for sure until you remove the door panel and inspect it. While the 2004 to 2008 had a reputation for failing regulators due to their being plastic, it does not over rule a potential motor being weak. The weight of the glass will always help a weak motor get the glass down, but make a weak motor fail to get the glass up.

Any clicking or thumping noise when you operate the switch to raise the window? This can be a sign of a bad regulator (broken or worn teeth).

Have a friend operate the switch while you grab the glass from the inside and outside and pull up. If the glass goes up with your help, that points more towards the motor being weak.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 09-20-2016 at 04:00 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:30 AM

Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

Hi, when I was still fixing power windows at the Ford dealer, [now retired] what I would do is: turn on your ignition switch, leave the door open / or turn on the dome light, now when you touch the window switch your dome light should slightly dim. If you hit "up" and the light dims, but when you hit "down" the light does not dim, [or vise versa] you have a bad switch. Your dome light should dim in both directions. If your dome light dims in the direction that you want your window to go, but it doesn't move, it's most likely an bad motor. Some times you can hit the motor with a small hammer or even hit the bottom of the door with a rubber mallet and the motor will start working again. This is not a fix, but confirms that you will need to replace the window motor.

Hope this helps you.

Quick Reply: 2005 Ford F-150 Driver Side Power Window Not Working