General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 2wd tranny woes...???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 2wd tranny woes...???

Hi there, Im hoping that I can get some good advice here in regards to my tranny on my 01 F150 supercrew 2wd. This may be a bit of a long post...sorry LOL.

1st off my truck has a 4.6L auto 2wd tranny. It started acting up about a month ago and has gradually gotten really bad. The truck started intermittently slipping or shifting to neutral, and the rpms would jump to 4 grand...the engine only would speed up, vehicle speed would not...thus me thinking it's slipping to neutral. I would let off the gas and then at would engage to drive again. It would sometimes stall as well. If it stalled, I would pull over, shift to park, turn key to off, then restart right away. I thought it was the IAC, so I replaced it...well that seemed to make it worse actually. I took it to the dealership after me trying to diagnose and having no luck doing some elec tests. The Ford dealership cleared the codes for me as apparently when I was doing some tests with the key on it threw some codes. Here are the codes that the dealership gave to me. By the way the dealership is being great and understand that I cant afford $95/hr in labor plus parts to fix this. I have a Haynes manual, but the auto tranny section is all of 3 pages long...

P1112-??
P1502 VSS out of range
P1705- Trans sensor out of range??
P305-???
P1120- Trans sensor??
P0451- Evap malfunction
P0743- Tcc solenoid
P1639- pcm vin block not recognized
P0117- Ect(engine)
P0118-Ect(engine)
P1290-???

So the dealership advised me to drop the pan and inspect for any debris. I dropped the pan and I found what I would call "dust" no chunks. They said if there is no debris then drop the valve body and check the TCC(torque converter clutch) solenoid. Chk the solenoid for resistance with ohmmeter and an airtest?? Im familiar with resistance test but no an airtest?? Next they said to chk the VSS. Anyway I have dropped the pan, but am stuck from this point. Im unsure of how to drop the valve body, the Haynes manual doesnt show much in the tranny section, so Im not sure where the VSS is, or where the TCC is. Also the manual mentions TCS, a tranny control switch...cant find that either....here are some pics of the valve body as well as the filter, any and all advice is appreciated!!

Thanks
4spdragtop
Attached Thumbnails 2001 2wd tranny woes...???-dscf7227-medium-.jpg   2001 2wd tranny woes...???-dscf7237-medium-.jpg  
Old 06-09-2012, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any ideas/suggestions??

Quick Reply: 2001 2wd tranny woes...???