Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$200 for Krown Rustproofing in New York???

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default $200 for Krown Rustproofing in New York???

I'm fortunate to have found a Krown dealer in Lake Placid, NY about an hours drive from my home. Called to make an appointment and was surprised to find the cost for rustproofing my new 2013 regular cab F-150 was $200 as opposed to the $125 posted on the Krown website. Now part of this may be the Krown website prices are Canadian dollars and US vs. Canadian business economics but I'm not sure that is the whole story.

The dealer did say they do "extras" like pulling off the spare tire before spraying. I'm wondering what the experience of other US and Canadian Krown customers has been. Do Krown dealers all use the same base price and offer additional services that enhance the standard rustproofing service? Are US prices typically higher than Canadian prices for Krown rustproofing?

To be fair to the dealer, I did not ask for a list of "extras" (but this is just a standard annual rustproofing job) so please don't jump on them based only on the quoted price. I did not realize there was such a difference in pricing until after I made the appointment so did not ask for specifics. What I'm trying to determine is what extras, if any, are worth paying more for than the base price of rustproofing so I can then negotiate a better price with the dealer if appropriate.

They are a new dealer, just started offering the Krown service a couple of months ago. I'd like to support them and see them do well. I'll follow up with a post describing the job they did and what the price ended up being and why.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Mad Scientist

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That price seems a little high to me. Ask for a discount. Where I get my krown done in Ontario, they offer a multiple car rate and a discount in the off-season (~ March - July). I paid ~ $100 for my car. There may be cheaper places out there, but they do a great job. They even wash the car down after.

As for their extras (spare tire), that would seem to be standad practice where I go (no extra fee). Your first vist will take a little longer since they have to drill some holes.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had my new truck sprayed, It was around 150 tax in, In Ontario, I'm pretty sure you don't need to drop the tire to spray, They can stick there wand threw the holes on the spare tire, he probly isn't a krown dealer, if it was franchise, the price would be pretty standard I would think, be ready for a drippy mess,
Old 11-28-2012, 03:31 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

It seems that whenever I take my business to a small, or local, business in an effort to support them, they end up putting the screws to me...
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

W/out checking the invoice mine was done for about 130 plus tax a few weeks ago.

I agree that they shouldn't have to drop the spare.

Dripping isn't that bad and only lasts a few days.

Mine has been the same price for the last 3 years and they didn't charge extra to drill the holes first time. Underside looks real good going into 3rd winter so it's worth doing if you plan on keeping the truck for awhile.

Yours should probably be cheaper than ours but I guess what they're figuring is that it'll cost you time and money to come here and get it done so they can jack the price.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call krown head office, see if their allowed to charge that,
Old 12-03-2012, 05:54 AM

Received 126 Likes on 112 Posts

Is there any other local undercoaters? There's tons of reliable brands/shops around. I've had my vehicles Gel undercoated by the same guy every Fall here in eastern Canada and its only $85 total for the while vehicle. He did one of my vehicles from new, until I sold it last summer, 10 years later, and the Ford dealer gave me way more on trade in than the book value solely for the shape of the underside. There was not one spec of rust on that vehicle. I'd check around for other reputable dealers besides Krown and see what their prices are. Maybe not as plentiful in your area of the US than down here in Canada.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:36 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There is something wrong. Krown has very standard pricing. They always give a discount if you ask. I got my brand new F150 strayed for $120 cash price. Look for another Krown dealership. Go to the US Krown website.

was.krown.com
Old 12-03-2012, 08:37 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry

www.krown.com.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Love Turbo V6 & Coyote V8

Received 83 Likes on 49 Posts

I paid $130CDN... it should be around there even in the US... I would go to the US krown website and ask the question of the prices are standardized or not.

Quick Reply: $200 for Krown Rustproofing in New York???