Topic Sponsor
2021+ Ford F150 Discussion of the 14th generation F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14th Gen F-150 Worth waiting for??

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 14th Gen F-150 Worth waiting for??

Hi y'all. I'm currently in the market to replace my truck (Ram...broke more times I could count) so now I'm hopping onto the Ford banwagon. I know this current generation has been produced since late 2014 and its approaching 2019. My truck is still functional so I'm not in that much of a hurry, but would anyone recommend waiting for the new generation? There's nothing wrong with the current gens per se (I love it actually) but the interior is looking a little dated to my likings (backup camera, navigation, sync 3, etc). But another thing is this gen has been in production for SUCH a long time which also means the problems have been ironed out right? Love to get some insight on this topic.

(Side note: Has the damn frozen door lock thing been fixed yet for 2019 versions?? I live in Ottawa and travel transconteniental to BC (-20 to -35 on the daily in the winter times) often so a disfunctional door latch would be a big no no. I mean common, its been 5 years and they still have this issue? Or has it been solved ...Thanks)
Old 12-20-2018, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,141 Likes on 2,840 Posts

Originally Posted by VictorLin0725
Hi y'all. I'm currently in the market to replace my truck (Ram...broke more times I could count) so now I'm hopping onto the Ford banwagon. I know this current generation has been produced since late 2014 and its approaching 2019. My truck is still functional so I'm not in that much of a hurry, but would anyone recommend waiting for the new generation? There's nothing wrong with the current gens per se (I love it actually) but the interior is looking a little dated to my likings (backup camera, navigation, sync 3, etc). But another thing is this gen has been in production for SUCH a long time which also means the problems have been ironed out right? Love to get some insight on this topic.

(Side note: Has the damn frozen door lock thing been fixed yet for 2019 versions?? I live in Ottawa and travel transconteniental to BC (-20 to -35 on the daily in the winter times) often so a disfunctional door latch would be a big no no. I mean common, its been 5 years and they still have this issue? Or has it been solved ...Thanks)
the door latch thing is a toss up...some people have the problem, others don't...don't get me wrong these trucks have their little gremlins, but i would not hesitate to buy one
Old 12-20-2018, 09:47 AM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

Well, we're now in the 2019 MY, the Rangers should be out soon and the Bronco is on deck for 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if a new F150 doesn't come out until 2021 MY or so. But they did do a bit of refresh for 2018, with the new grill look and widespread use of the 10 speed.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:57 PM

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

All indications are that the next generation will be the next generation primarily because of a hybrid powertrain but it will probably get some interior refresh and updated tech as well.

Hopefully the hybrid will be optional. Don't know that I would be the first in line for one.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by djfllmn
the door latch thing is a toss up...some people have the problem, others don't...don't get me wrong these trucks have their little gremlins, but i would not hesitate to buy one
Also another alarming issue is water leakage. I know these forums have condensed problems but it seems like a whole lot of trucks have water leaking through the thrid tail lights, windshield, door, etc. Is this issue that bad or just a handful of unlucky customers?
Old 12-20-2018, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,141 Likes on 2,840 Posts

Originally Posted by VictorLin0725
Also another alarming issue is water leakage. I know these forums have condensed problems but it seems like a whole lot of trucks have water leaking through the thrid tail lights, windshield, door, etc. Is this issue that bad or just a handful of unlucky customers?
i would also say a handful
Old 12-21-2018, 08:53 AM

Received 289 Likes on 236 Posts

If you're sick of working on your Ram, it doesn't make sense to wait 2-3 years for the next generation F150, AND risk that the first model year won't have any growing pain issues. If it were me, I'd get something now.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:10 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Door latch

I have a 2016 XLT And the back doors wouldn’t unlock when It got super cold this year. Never happened last year at all weird.
My truck is in the shop now and they said the one recall for the door latch might be related to the frozen doors Ordered parts and it’s getting fixed
Old 12-22-2018, 02:34 AM

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts

I am waiting for the 2nd year of the next generation with the hybrid + 5.0TT.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Old Grey Mule
I am waiting for the 2nd year of the next generation with the hybrid + 5.0TT.
Hopefully Ford doesn't scrap the V8. I can take or leave a hybrid, when you're buying a truck I don't think gas mileage really comes to mind. I could go for a turbocharged V8 though haha

Quick Reply: 14th Gen F-150 Worth waiting for??