Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'09 SFE cuts out, and hard to start after gassing.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 SFE cuts out, and hard to start after gassing.

Title says it. First problem about 600 miles back was the truck was great, stopped for gas, filled it all the way up, then it wouldn't start. The starter ran-on, sometimes one could hear the motor catch, but the key would not turn back by itself, and when turned back it died. After a few rounds of this I eventually got it going. Started fine after that till next gas up.

While driving in very heavy traffic with the tunes on I hear a beep, and then another beep, and the oil sign. I didn't get the message, but the car kept going. On a few other occasions it has stopped dead, no restart, but when pulled over it starts easily. Most recently it died and when I tried to start it, it didn't start easily and did the thing described in the first paragraph.

I had run the battery down a few time recently, so we went through the battery relearning process, but the first time we did we weren't sure it was all OK, so we did it again. Not sure that will help. Online stuff mentioned cam sensor.

We were away from home but we are in the hood again and can take it to a mechanic if it isn't a simple thing.

Anyone have an idea?
Old 09-03-2015, 11:03 AM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

HINT/TIP: You'll find posting in the
Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
section more helpful/appropriate than General F150 Discussion posts.

Quick Reply: '09 SFE cuts out, and hard to start after gassing.