Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06' F150 Feels like Trans. - It's Not...???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 06' F150 Feels like Trans. - It's Not...???

My F150 and I need some Help.

I originally thought it was the Transmission, had no power when under a load.

1st- Brought it to the Trans. shop and they said "It's not your Transmission, It's fine!"
2nd- They had a another mechanic look at it, Scratched his head and said "I don't know"
3rd- Brought it to a specialty Mech. Shop and they replaced Spark Plugs and didn't fix the problem? Diagnostics said it was running rich. So they sent it to a Ford Dealer..!
4th- Ford Dealer decided to pull the Cats and check. Not Plugged. These had been previously replaced by the 3rd shop 45K ago along with all 4 sensors, Cats and Plugs - Costed $3K..! Next they replaced the Fuel Pump! Not fixed? Next they replaced the ECM! Not fixed? And next cut a new ignition key? Not fixed? They threw all these parts at it and still not fixed? and they tried to stick me with a bill for a truck and parts that didn't fix the problem, oh and Ford Service Dept. added a few extra hours on for labor! They tried to scam me! The 3rd shop fought for me because it was only agreed to install a new fuel pump and a $350 limit. I got all these parts for free and it's not fixed. REPLACED: PLUGS, FUEL PUMP, ECM, KEY, CATS & SENSORS! HELP - What is wrong with my Truck..?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 AM

What about a bad coil?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on coils, also any codes?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 PM

I'll have to find out what codes.. The only thing they told me is it was running rich and too much fuel was passing through.

and are the coils bad? Perhaps? I just assumed that when it went to the Ford Service Dept. they would have checked that?

Quick Reply: 06' F150 Feels like Trans. - It's Not...???