Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 F150 Misfire replaced coils, now no power. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 01 F150 Misfire replaced coils, now no power. HELP!

I have a 2001 Ford F150. It was throwing a code for misfire on 1 and 3. Replaced coil pack. Misfire is gone, but now truck has NO POWER. Please help! Single mom!

The problem started with the truck suddenly idling roughly, extremly rough. Then throwing codes. When codes were read they read misfire on 1 and 3. Spark plugs are new, so replaced coil packs, which got rid of the rough idle but now the truck has no power while in gear driving. I've called everyone I know including my dad who up until this point has been "all knowing". Everyone is stumped.. Any suggestions? Please help!!

The truck has been regularly maintained, oil changes, had a tune up at 150k miles (when I bought it, it now has 190k miles and it ran like a champ, from California to Missouri and back and forth several times. No problems what so ever.) Except for new tires/brakes the normal.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Flyinryan517

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Could be Bad cats I have an 06 that did the same thing I changed the plugs then changed the fuel injector didn't work then took it to the dealer to fix it it was still under warranty fixed it all for free does your check engine light blink when you get on it ?

Quick Reply: 01 F150 Misfire replaced coils, now no power. HELP!