Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

Standard Equipment

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standard Equipment

First time posting here and I am thinking about getting a used Super Duty to pull my 30 ft toy hauler. Stopped at my local dealer to pick up a brochure only to be told that Ford has gone green and they do not print them any longer,. So my question is, where can I find the standard equipment on the truck?. I realize that it may change from year to year but just an idea of what I should be looking for on the truck would be helpful.

I do know what is needed for the truck to be set up to tow since I have and do tow with my 150, but I am not certain as to what comes on the 250 such as oil cooler, tow mirrors 7/4 pin plugs etc. If any one can help me out either with a list or point me to the right web sight it would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at the various for sale sites and they don't really give an accurate list of equipment at least in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for all your help
Old 04-09-2018, 05:30 PM

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

I did a search for "2015 ford super duty brochure" and came up with lots of the right thing... Basically different brochures which you can look at will give you a list of the different engine combinations along with the different payload capacities for each of the configurations. As far as "options" vs "standard equipment", their vehicles are broken down into different package groups... XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, and Platinum. The XL won't have carpet standard but can be added. Lariat will have carpet and leather as standard (I've never seen one without it) but may not have navigation. King Ranch is a special interior package with King Ranch branding. Platinum is where you're guaranteed to have nearly everything.

https://www.ford.com/services/assets...Duty&year=2015

My XLT has lots of the right options that I want (alloy wheels, carpet, 4x4, downhill assist, etc) but doesn't have the expensive options that I didn't want (leather, navigation, chromed alloy wheels, chromed plastic, moving running boards, etc).

Last edited by Braggs; 04-09-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added link
Old 04-11-2018, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equipment

Thanks Braggs,appreciate the help. I have been able to dig up some further info which has made the search easier.

Last edited by pappi; 04-11-2018 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: Standard Equipment