Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

Powerstroke VS a CAT powered KW

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 02:15 PM

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Default Powerstroke VS a CAT powered KW

Check out the awesome power of a Powerstroke or what he hope is awesome power since they don't show the front of the Ford.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:54 PM

Received 102 Likes on 69 Posts

Ha my Chevy car could do that to, when its got a tractor pulling it. When they show that nothing is pulling the ford ill believe it, but not now.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by kevin7898
Ha my Chevy car could do that to, when its got a tractor pulling it. When they show that nothing is pulling the ford ill believe it, but not now.
You never know since tractor tires are street tires and the Powerstroke could have MTs or something but we'll never know since they didn't show the whole thing. It could be like touareg pulling the duramax.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:22 PM

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

I've seen the truck tractors, at tractor pulls. They take the sled right out through the gate, even with the sled loaded heavy and set to advance quickly. I have been pretty impressed by them! It certainly throws a question mark up on this pull.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by tmajor
I've seen the truck tractors, at tractor pulls. They take the sled right out through the gate, even with the sled loaded heavy and set to advance quickly. I have been pretty impressed by them! It certainly throws a question mark up on this pull.
Yeah there's a hole lot of questions with this one that won't be answered. I've seen pictures of them doing the pulls but I never watched them do the pulls.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:09 PM

Received 281 Likes on 217 Posts

The answer is traction, unload tractor has very little while the PS is in 4 wheel drive, weight over front drive wheels. Power has nothing to do with it.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:22 AM

That's what I was thinking but since they didn't get the whole truck were only guessing.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:25 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirttracker18
The answer is traction, unload tractor has very little while the PS is in 4 wheel drive, weight over front drive wheels. Power has nothing to do with it.

I drive for a living, and can tell you, a bobtail tractor has trouble not spinning the tires on a wet road. They can't stop in the rain very well either. This video doesn't surprise me even a little bit.

If this were a dump truck, or if the truck had a trailer on it (for weight), this would never happen. The KW woulda walked away with that pickup effortlessly, without even touching the "go" pedal

On a side note, we don't know if the KW had power dividers (inter-axle lock), and/or locking differentials. If not, the truck could potentially be only one or two wheel drive instead of all wheels driving. Tractors that do truck pulls usually have both of these, and all 8 rear tires are driving. Tractors are VERY nose heavy. The only weight in the rear is whatever the axles, tires, and a few feet of frame weigh.

Again, could this video be a trick...yeah, but I tend to think it's totally legit. I'll see if I can get a couple guys at work to duplicate this.

Last edited by driver444; 09-02-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Powerstroke VS a CAT powered KW