Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance

hey out there,
i was wondering what could be done or what is recommended to do to a 2015 6.7 to increase performance. K and N filter? exhaust? its still under warranty so I don't think I can add a chip or tuner, any one got any suggestions?

thanks
Old 05-09-2018, 04:50 PM

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

The flowmaster post below claims to increase horsepower and torque by "up-to" 4%. From what I've been hearing, you can modify whatever you want in warranty, but if they can show your modifications caused issue, they can refuse to cover the repair. For instance, if you delete the sputnik (DPF), but the steering wheel pump goes out, the two are unrelated and they will still cover it. But if you use a tune and bend/break a connecting rod, you're out of luck.

https://www.f150forum.com/f17/flowma...diesel-397955/
The following users liked this post:
FlowmasterMufflers (05-21-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 08:14 AM
Boats n Does

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

A filter or exhaust alone will not improve performance. A tuner can get you some but it may void the warranty. There is no "chip". The factory air filter is the best filter for these engines.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:41 PM
F150 Forum

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by tobyl
hey out there,
i was wondering what could be done or what is recommended to do to a 2015 6.7 to increase performance. K and N filter? exhaust? its still under warranty so I don't think I can add a chip or tuner, any one got any suggestions?

thanks
We offer our Performance Intake System for the 2011-2016 F250 6.7L (part# 615148). I have included a link to the part and a link to the dyno-chart for this system. We strive to ensure that all of our performance products not only add to the "cool" factor but also actually produce results. With the addition of a Cat-back system that has larger exhaust piping, you're sure to see power and torque gains. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or call us at 707-544-4761.

Flowmaster F250 Performance Intake, part# 615148 click here
Dyno-chart for Performance Intake 615148, click here

- Jason @ Flowmaster
Old 05-27-2018, 09:27 AM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

You can do whatever you want, but I would NOT put a gauze air filter on it. They brag about "flow" but never discuss filtration. Run one in a dusty environment and then wipe the intake tube out with a Kleenex and look at the dirt that comes out. They'll also foul the MAF over time, with the oil. Not a huge issue, but a contributing negative factor. The induction kit will probably make you think you're making more power due to the noise, but I doubt it actually does anything. Certainly nothing to jeopardize the engine over. A new engine in a box plus dealership labor is $18-19K, so probably not worth the risk for a claimed 4% increase in power. Don't you already have 450/900?
Cat-back exhaust? Go nuts. It won't hurt a thing, and might pick up a few horses. Run some kind of muffler though. A muffler-less system can get obnoxious in a hurry, both inside the cab and out.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by PerryB
You can do whatever you want, but I would NOT put a gauze air filter on it. They brag about "flow" but never discuss filtration. Run one in a dusty environment and then wipe the intake tube out with a Kleenex and look at the dirt that comes out. They'll also foul the MAF over time, with the oil. Not a huge issue, but a contributing negative factor. The induction kit will probably make you think you're making more power due to the noise, but I doubt it actually does anything. Certainly nothing to jeopardize the engine over. A new engine in a box plus dealership labor is $18-19K, so probably not worth the risk for a claimed 4% increase in power. Don't you already have 450/900?
Cat-back exhaust? Go nuts. It won't hurt a thing, and might pick up a few horses. Run some kind of muffler though. A muffler-less system can get obnoxious in a hurry, both inside the cab and out.
yes but it seems real sluggish as of late. Throttle response is pretty slow at the start. Took it to dealer, they said nothing was wrong...boost looked good.. and sent me on my way... really at a loss..

thanks
Old 05-30-2018, 06:01 PM

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by tobyl

yes but it seems real sluggish as of late. Throttle response is pretty slow at the start. Took it to dealer, they said nothing was wrong...boost looked good.. and sent me on my way... really at a loss..

thanks
How many miles is on your truck? It should not be sluggish, dpf filter need cleaning maybe? I have a bone stock 2016 with 42000 miles and I’m just waiting on time to delete and tune it, I already have all the parts.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:51 AM

thanks...mine has 42,000 on it as well I bought it at 25,000 and changed the fuel filters then...i'm not sure if its just sluggish to start or just a delay in the throttle...either way dealer tells me its fine...ahhhhhh
Old 05-31-2018, 10:52 AM
Boats n Does

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

Take a video of the tach and speedo as you mash the peddle, let's see what you mean by sluggish.

Quick Reply: performance