My Special Order Priority Code is #19. Why?? - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > Super Duty Forum
My Special Order Priority Code is #19. Why?? >

My Special Order Priority Code is #19. Why??

Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

My Special Order Priority Code is #19. Why??

Old 10-28-2018, 10:44 PM

Default My Special Order Priority Code is #19. Why??

As some/most of you know, I put in an order for an F350 last week and the dealer has me on Priority Code #19. Has anybody gotten their truck at the 6-8 week mark or more like the 10-12 week mark with that code? When I ordered my 18 F150 earlier this year, the priority code was a 10. I asked the dealer about the 19 code and they told me that's the lowest that they can go and cant change it to a 10. I don't know if they're full of it or not. It's my second special ordered truck in less than a year from the same dealer. If it's going to take longer than 8 weeks, I'll probably cancel the order or just have them keep the truck. I know that lower the priority code, the sooner that you will get your vehicle in most cases. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:47 PM

It's likely not your dealer but Ford itself.

Whatever truck you ordered may not be what they are currently making. And, what you've special ordered, may not be in queue for weeks or months to come. Ford manufactures hundreds, if not thousands of trucks per day. It is not as though they make a Ruby Red F250 Super cab 4x2 XL long bed then switch gears immediately to make a Magnetic F250 Crew cab 4x4 platinum short bed. They set their equipment up to make a run of trucks or cars and then reset it for the next batch. Case in point...We bought my wife's '17 explorer used from a wholesaler who bought a group of cars from the dealer. My wife's explorer was the middle of three explorers that had VIN's ending consecutively (XXX3, XXX4, XXX5). All three vehicles were identical and the dealer had to check and recheck the VIN to ensure we were purchasing the exact one we picked and drove.

Don't get upset if it takes times to build a very specific truck. Your truck is unique just like everyone else that special ordered around your time.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:08 PM

Order a 2019 F350 on July 5, got it Sept 5.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Special Order Priority Code is #19. Why??

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: