Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

Just bought my first superduty

 
Old 04-06-2018, 09:25 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
marknissan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 336
Likes: 0
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Just bought my first superduty

i just wanted to share my ride since itís been my dream to own one since 99. I traded my 2014 f150 for this 2016 f250 used but it could not have been anything I would change if I built one to what I wanted especially the color. The ride is not near as nice as the f150 but it feels like so much more truck though. Debating what to do for my first mod, either a small lift or weight reduction.
marknissan is offline  
Old 04-07-2018, 12:33 AM
  #2  
Fanboyism is for the weak
 
SCrewYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,175
Received 399 Likes on 278 Posts
Default

very nice.
SCrewYou is offline  
Old 04-07-2018, 08:17 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
marknissan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 336
Likes: 0
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Thanks man. I towed my bay boat today for the first time. Very different feel than the f150 ecoboost.
marknissan is offline  
Old 04-10-2018, 06:46 AM
  #4  
Boats n Does
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 318
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
Default

Nice truck! The only drawback to the weight reduction is the diesel smell. Lowering your tire pressures when you're not towing will help a lot with the ride. I think I keep mine around 55psi or so.
ThatNewWifeSmell is offline  
Old 04-11-2018, 05:58 PM
  #5  
LONE STAR
 
KILOFINAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,000
Received 627 Likes on 431 Posts
Default

nice looking truck. Congrats
KILOFINAL is offline  
Old 04-11-2018, 10:34 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
marknissan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 336
Likes: 0
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ThatNewWifeSmell View Post
Nice truck! The only drawback to the weight reduction is the diesel smell. Lowering your tire pressures when you're not towing will help a lot with the ride. I think I keep mine around 55psi or so.
I think I will lower the tire pressure tomorrow. I am running 75 so thatís probably my issue with rough ride. Iím not expecting type ride quality but itís a tad rough even for a hd truck so that has to be a big factor
marknissan is offline  
Old 04-11-2018, 10:34 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
marknissan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 336
Likes: 0
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by KILOFINAL View Post
nice looking truck. Congrats
Thanks man!
marknissan is offline  
Old 04-12-2018, 07:11 AM
  #8  
Boats n Does
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 318
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by marknissan View Post

I think I will lower the tire pressure tomorrow. I am running 75 so thatís probably my issue with rough ride. Iím not expecting type ride quality but itís a tad rough even for a hd truck so that has to be a big factor
Holy crap that's high. It's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like you have the snow plow prep package. If you don't, your truck should ride just like mine when you get it dialed in. Mine rides fantastic, it's our road trip long hauler vehicle.
ThatNewWifeSmell is offline  
Old 05-30-2018, 06:11 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: TN
Posts: 655
Received 116 Likes on 98 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by marknissan View Post
i just wanted to share my ride since itís been my dream to own one since 99. I traded my 2014 f150 for this 2016 f250 used but it could not have been anything I would change if I built one to what I wanted especially the color. The ride is not near as nice as the f150 but it feels like so much more truck though. Debating what to do for my first mod, either a small lift or weight reduction.
Do the weight reduction with Tyrant tunes and donít look back
Growinupmx is offline  
Old 06-02-2018, 09:34 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
PawPaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lockport, Louisiana
Posts: 8,132
Received 647 Likes on 556 Posts
Default

Nice truck...congrats!!!
PawPaw is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just bought my first superduty


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: