Couple minor repairs to the 2016 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

Couple minor repairs to the 2016

Old 12-12-2018, 11:07 PM

Default Couple minor repairs to the 2016

Well had my first and hopefully last warranty work done today. Had both rear outer duals replaced due to clear coat failure and corrosion around the edges and valve stems. Also had power steering pump replaced as it had a whine when it was below freezing outside and showed low pump output. Lastly they replaced the steering wheel due to finish wearing through in several spots. There was not one question by ford about any of it, so I am very happy with how they stood behind the truck.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:54 AM

Good to hear it was covered and fixed. And, thankfully it wasn't anything major or a safety issue.

How many mile are on your truck?
Old 12-15-2018, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
Good to hear it was covered and fixed. And, thankfully it wasn't anything major or a safety issue.

How many mile are on your truck?
37800, I took it in at 35100, but they had to order parts. The wheel issue seems to be related to a bad clear coat job, as a few SD DRW guys I know have had a similar issue and ford replaced them no problems.

The steering wheel stumps me, as it seems to be a widespread not just SD issue. The urethane finish on the xl trucks seems to wear out fast.

The powersteering pump I chalk up to a bad one gets through every now and then. It's very noticeable now, as the truck steers and brakes better than it ever has. The truck has had the cold noise issue since new, but the dealer could never hear it as it warmed up and quit before I got it there. It got worse this winter and actually did it it for them. It had to be in the low 20s to make it happen. On the diesel the power steering pump also runs the hydroboost for your brakes so the new pump really changed the pedal feel and brake response.

Last edited by 5.0GN tow; 12-15-2018 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:49 AM
Boats n Does

I'm right at 40k miles. I just had the radiator replaced as well as the water pump due to leaks. Other than that, everything has been great.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:01 PM

So far so good on my cooling system. Since the powersteering pump the truck drives and brakes so much better it's truly like a whole different truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Couple minor repairs to the 2016

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: