85 F250 has fuel, compression and air still won't start !!!!!! HELP PLEASE !!!! - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

85 F250 has fuel, compression and air still won't start !!!!!! HELP PLEASE !!!!

Old 06-15-2017, 08:51 PM   #1

Default 85 F250 has fuel, compression and air still won't start !!!!!! HELP PLEASE !!!!

I have a F250 6.9 liter diesel. The block froze on me this winter, so I have replaced the engine with a (used) 6.9 liter diesel. Originally the truck would crank but would not actually start. I was blowing all my glow plugs before it ever even turned over. It turned out to be my relay. I replaced the relay and all the glow plugs, The truck turns over, but still won't actually start. Glow plugs are working, compression is good and its getting fuel. . I have even put a "touch" of starter fluid in the intake and she still won't turn over I have replaced the wiring harness also. I don't know where else to go with this truck, any suggestions.
Mmeyer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:15 AM   #2

I doubt its getting fuel, or at least not at the right time. If it has some heat and fuel, it'll at least smoke or cackle. What is the history of the replacement engine? Was it actually a known-to-you healthy running engine?
PerryB is offline   Reply With Quote