6.7 Powersteoke Oil requirement - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

6.7 Powersteoke Oil requirement

Old 09-13-2018, 06:12 PM

Default 6.7 Powersteoke Oil requirement

Not sure how many folks out there know Ford has slowly been adding oils to their approved list of oils for the powerstroke after the whole switch from CJ4 to CK4 standard fiasco. I have been occasionally looking at the list, and now Rotella T6 is back on the approved list. Motorcraft 5W40 synthetic has been hard to find locally since the new standard came out, so for the last 3 changes I have been using Carquest CJ4 5W40 synthetic heavy duty diesel oil by Warren Oil Co with motorcraft filter. But now that Rotella T6 is Ok per Ford I will begin using it as well. By the way it was on sale for 19.99 a gallon today at Advance Auto Parts.

Just make sure when you are getting oil to make sure it's either CJ4 only standard, not CK4, or if you use CK4 make sure its on this list.

https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/main/product.asp?product=Diesel%20Motor%20Oils%20Meetin g%20Ford%20WSS-M2C171-F1&category=Motor%20Oil

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.7 Powersteoke Oil requirement

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: