Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

2017 F 350 Superduty and DEF problem

Old 05-04-2019, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 F 350 Superduty and DEF problem

Bought my 2017 F 350 King Ranch Dully new and itís been very reliable as have been all my previous diesels.
This one has me wondering , seems I must have got some bad DEF from the biggest name store.
It is API approved but did not mix with the motor craft DEF and crystalized in the tank and messed everything up.
The cleanout is $500+ and they say not covered .
I looked at the manual that came with my truck and it does say Motorcraft is recommended, it also says make sure any other brand is API approved and talks about getting it at truck stops , so not just Motorcraft.
I have a claim turned in at the store it was bought from but not sure how that will go.
Anyone run into this ?
Whats everyone use for DEF?
Ive had 4 Ford Superduty diesels and have always use Motorcraft DEF when I got the oil changed at the dealer and then
used Blue DEF and Supertech inbetween when needed with no trouble.
Maybe just got a bad bottle but sure has thrown a wrench into our trip back home.
Any thoughts or similar experiences?
KR
Old 05-06-2019, 07:54 AM

Received 147 Likes on 119 Posts

I have used Blue DEF for the most part in my 16, and the occasional store brand(carquest) if Blue was not available. To be honest, I am at 2.5 yrs and 42k, and it's only about 2 to 3 times a year I have to add it, the truck does not seem to use much of it. More in the summer towing season and less over winter months. I even asked the dealer and he said my system checks out fine, but I expected it to use more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 F 350 Superduty and DEF problem

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: