Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

08 F250 5.4l COPS & Spark plug replacement

Old 08-27-2016, 01:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 08 F250 5.4l COPS & Spark plug replacement

I recently purchased this truck has 130k on it. What coils and plugs are the best to get. The engine has a build date of 03/25/08 so I should be clear of the breaking plugs. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had five or six F150s and I've had such good luck with them running oem components so my suggestion would be to use the Ford coils and Motorcraft plugs.
The '08 plugs will still have an extension but it's shorter than the early model 5.4 plugs. And with the mileage that it has I would be very careful removing the plugs. I would spray some PB Blaster onto each plug and let it soak and then slowly loosen the plugs going from one to the other turning them very slowly and then working them back and forth going from one to the other till you get them out. After you get them loosened slightly spray some more PB Blaster on them.
It took me about 8 hours on one of my 5.4s to change out the plugs because I didn't want to risk breaking one.
I also ran a can of bg 44k the week before to try to clean some of the carbon off the plugs before I planned to remove them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 F250 5.4l COPS & Spark plug replacement