The Tawdry Tales of Tater Island - Page 8568 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
The Tawdry Tales of Tater Island >

The Tawdry Tales of Tater Island

Topic Sponsor
Off-Topic Want to discuss something not related to a Ford F150? Here's the place.

The Tawdry Tales of Tater Island

 
Old 02-12-2019, 05:19 PM
  #85671  
Moderator
 
Tejasandre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 31,610
Thanked 72 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Eww
Tejasandre is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:35 PM
  #85672  
Senior "Citizen" Member
 
Mike from TN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: White Bluff, Tennessee
Posts: 2,205
Thanked 699 Times in 528 Posts
Default

Someone in our town sold some land 2 years ago and now a subdivision is going up. More and more people are moving out of Nashville Metro area and coming to the country. Them city folk are going to be real surprised when they move to the “peaceful “ country and hear gunfire at all hours. Everyone shoots here at all hours. If there not target shooting in the day, there hunting coyotes in the middle of the night.
I could just hear the phone call now!
”911, What’s your emergency?”
”I’m hearing a lot of gunshots”
”Where are you located Sir (or Ma’am)?
”We are in White Bluff”
”Get used to it”!
Mike from TN is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:48 PM
  #85673  
I got wood
 
nfldfordman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Harbour, NFLD
Posts: 58,681
Thanked 1,071 Times in 993 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mike from TN View Post
Someone in our town sold some land 2 years ago and now a subdivision is going up. More and more people are moving out of Nashville Metro area and coming to the country. Them city folk are going to be real surprised when they move to the “peaceful “ country and hear gunfire at all hours. Everyone shoots here at all hours. If there not target shooting in the day, there hunting coyotes in the middle of the night.
I could just hear the phone call now!
”911, What’s your emergency?”
”I’m hearing a lot of gunshots”
”Where are you located Sir (or Ma’am)?
”We are in White Bluff”
”Get used to it”!
subdivision....that should be a curse word haha


My buddy is from one of those places that is 10-20 mins from town, but seems like what some people call the middle of nowhere. Like I told him, some people like such areas cause you're close to town but not in town, but you get so many people on the same mind and it ends up becoming part of town.

I'd rather hear gunshots than drunken screams or sirens....
nfldfordman is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:04 PM
  #85674  
Fallen Angel
 
Archangel72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 472
Thanked 58 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by nfldfordman View Post
she came with me..
twss
Archangel72 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:12 PM
  #85675  
I got wood
 
nfldfordman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Harbour, NFLD
Posts: 58,681
Thanked 1,071 Times in 993 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Archangel72 View Post
twss
she must be gay
nfldfordman is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:23 PM
  #85676  
Senior Member
 
Dembruski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The City of Oranges,FL
Posts: 1,844
Thanked 122 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mike from TN View Post
Someone in our town sold some land 2 years ago and now a subdivision is going up. More and more people are moving out of Nashville Metro area and coming to the country. Them city folk are going to be real surprised when they move to the “peaceful “ country and hear gunfire at all hours. Everyone shoots here at all hours. If there not target shooting in the day, there hunting coyotes in the middle of the night.
I could just hear the phone call now!
”911, What’s your emergency?”
”I’m hearing a lot of gunshots”
”Where are you located Sir (or Ma’am)?
”We are in White Bluff”
”Get used to it”!

lol

they built a bunch of subdivisions around the Orange County landfills a few years back and now all the people that bought are complaining of the smell. What in the hell did they expect when moving in next to a 300 ft tall 5000 acre dump?

and oh boy, the windshield damage saga continues

Last edited by Dembruski; 02-12-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Dembruski is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:54 PM
  #85677  
I can't help it
iTrader: (3)
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bullet City NW Burbs
Posts: 21,333
Thanked 1,054 Times in 774 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post
more than likely no, i will probably go right into another lease. maybe go lariat diesel next go round OR the bronco if i like the looks
anybody hear when the bronco info and pics will go live?
i was hoping at the auto show but have heard squat
Dave is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:04 PM
  #85678  
ford dealer parts guy
iTrader: (1)
 
djfllmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,621
Thanked 817 Times in 675 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dave View Post

anybody hear when the bronco info and pics will go live?
i was hoping at the auto show but have heard squat
If i had to guess, it will stay pretty hush hush like the ranger until late summer early fall if not later
djfllmn is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:07 PM
  #85679  
Tommy
iTrader: (1)
 
Firerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Greenville, North Carolina
Posts: 3,710
Thanked 1,324 Times in 976 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dembruski View Post



lol

they built a bunch of subdivisions around the Orange County landfills a few years back and now all the people that bought are complaining of the smell. What in the hell did they expect when moving in next to a 300 ft tall 5000 acre dump?

and oh boy, the windshield damage saga continues
They have done the exact same thing around our transfer station/ closed landfill. We get complaints from the traffic generated by the transfer station, as well as noises from trucks & boxes at 6am. The landfill was started in the 70's & converted to a transfer station in 96 IIRC. The houses started building around us in 2005-2006 ......so tell me how is it our problem that your neighbor is noisy?
Firerunner is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:19 PM
  #85680  
Senior Member
 
Dembruski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The City of Oranges,FL
Posts: 1,844
Thanked 122 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Firerunner View Post
They have done the exact same thing around our transfer station/ closed landfill. We get complaints from the traffic generated by the transfer station, as well as noises from trucks & boxes at 6am. The landfill was started in the 70's & converted to a transfer station in 96 IIRC. The houses started building around us in 2005-2006 ......so tell me how is it our problem that your neighbor is noisy?
same here, lol
landfill started in about 71’ and housing started in 2005
Dembruski is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: