The official 97-03 group BS Thread - Page 4652 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
The official 97-03 group BS Thread >

The official 97-03 group BS Thread

Topic Sponsor
Off-Topic Want to discuss something not related to a Ford F150? Here's the place.

The official 97-03 group BS Thread

 
Old 09-10-2014, 08:25 PM
  #46511  
Senior Member
 
Jackedup00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 19,758
Thanked 229 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by nfldfordman View Post
I mostly buy stuff I'd use the search bar for on amazon and it's great for that in my opinion/experience.

summit racing, on the other hand, has its high point for me in the process of making several information selections (year, part, brand of part, type of truck, whatever) rather than a search, which is nice for buying specialized truck parts.
I love summit,that's the only site I have ever written a review and done a survey on lol
Jackedup00 is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 08:31 PM
  #46512  
I got wood
 
nfldfordman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Harbour, NFLD
Posts: 58,704
Thanked 1,089 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jackedup00 View Post
I love summit,that's the only site I have ever written a review and done a survey on lol
agreed, great system for finding certain parts. great fitment info too. I made my first purchase last week, quite happy besides expecting the stuff yesterday then changed to tomorrow.

I'll be sticking with them for specific part purchases. I'll be honest, looking for a part to fit a certain truck on amazon sucks. I haven't bought much truck stuff off amazon, a tip that needed only a tailpipe size, a muffler I had to modify truck for anyway....
nfldfordman is online now  
Old 09-10-2014, 08:38 PM
  #46513  
Senior Member
 
Jackedup00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 19,758
Thanked 229 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by nfldfordman View Post
agreed, great system for finding certain parts. great fitment info too. I made my first purchase last week, quite happy besides expecting the stuff yesterday then changed to tomorrow.

I'll be sticking with them for specific part purchases. I'll be honest, looking for a part to fit a certain truck on amazon sucks. I haven't bought much truck stuff off amazon, a tip that needed only a tailpipe size, a muffler I had to modify truck for anyway....
Summit is in ga so most of my stuff is here in less than 24 hours
Jackedup00 is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 08:40 PM
  #46514  
I got wood
 
nfldfordman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Harbour, NFLD
Posts: 58,704
Thanked 1,089 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jackedup00 View Post
Summit is in ga so most of my stuff is here in less than 24 hours
I can see that lol.....even a week then is fair for it to get to me.

I just want it lol. I'm fine as long as I have it for friday since it looks like I'm going home
nfldfordman is online now  
Old 09-10-2014, 08:40 PM
  #46515  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Krack499's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northeast iowa
Posts: 14,402
Thanked 128 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by nfldfordman View Post
I mostly buy stuff I'd use the search bar for on amazon and it's great for that in my opinion/experience.

summit racing, on the other hand, has its high point for me in the process of making several information selections (year, part, brand of part, type of truck, whatever) rather than a search, which is nice for buying specialized truck parts.
Never bought anything from summit nothing against the just haven't needed anything from then but I have looked on their site and it's pretty good I love rockauto though got my ball joints and control arms from them and will do more business with them they have a really good search too
Krack499 is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 08:41 PM
  #46516  
resident post whore
 
2000fordf1504x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montrose SD
Posts: 102,945
Thanked 60 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Krack499 View Post

Never bought anything from summit nothing against the just haven't needed anything from then but I have looked on their site and it's pretty good I love rockauto though got my ball joints and control arms from them and will do more business with them they have a really good search too
I but most of my parts from alligator performance
2000fordf1504x4 is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 08:43 PM
  #46517  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Krack499's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northeast iowa
Posts: 14,402
Thanked 128 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2000fordf1504x4 View Post

I but most of my parts from alligator performance
Never heard of it lol
Krack499 is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 08:44 PM
  #46518  
resident post whore
 
2000fordf1504x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montrose SD
Posts: 102,945
Thanked 60 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Krack499 View Post

Never heard of it lol
It's a diesel performance place
2000fordf1504x4 is offline  
Old 09-10-2014, 08:44 PM
  #46519  
I got wood
 
nfldfordman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Harbour, NFLD
Posts: 58,704
Thanked 1,089 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Krack499 View Post
Never bought anything from summit nothing against the just haven't needed anything from then but I have looked on their site and it's pretty good I love rockauto though got my ball joints and control arms from them and will do more business with them they have a really good search too
theres a few good sites out there....my shocks, pads I have on the way and my exhaust tip and magnaflow are the only truck stuff I've bought online.....actually plus the 3 mirror glasses the '04 needed.....anything else I've actually physically went to a store for
nfldfordman is online now  
Old 09-10-2014, 08:45 PM
  #46520  
resident post whore
 
2000fordf1504x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montrose SD
Posts: 102,945
Thanked 60 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Oh and I didn't get the car I went to look at today might drive an hour away and look at one in the morning
2000fordf1504x4 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The official 97-03 group BS Thread


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: