The official 97-03 group BS Thread - Page 3661 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
The official 97-03 group BS Thread >

The official 97-03 group BS Thread

Topic Sponsor
Off-Topic Want to discuss something not related to a Ford F150? Here's the place.

The official 97-03 group BS Thread

Reply

 
 
 
Old 06-08-2014, 10:36 PM
  #36601  
4v > 2v
 
MyFX4Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,975
Thanked 93 Times in 87 Posts
Default

I edited. But yes 2241.

Tinken bearing kit front 140
G2 4.56 r and p 200
Timken bearing kit rear 240
Yukon 4.56 r and p 200
True trac 550
Install front 400
Install rear 300
Diff fluid 36
Tax 155
Total 2241.34
MyFX4Project is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:37 PM
  #36602  
Senior Member
 
Jackedup00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 19,702
Thanked 229 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew View Post

Built right I'd think so
All of the guys that bog around here running bigger than 40s usually go bigger than d60s. I just want something solid that won't break on me everytime I take it out lol.
Jackedup00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:38 PM
  #36603  
Senior Member
 
Jackedup00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 19,702
Thanked 229 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MyFX4Project View Post
I edited. But yes 2241.

Tinken bearing kit front 140
G2 4.56 r and p 200
Timken bearing kit rear 240
Yukon 4.56 r and p 200
True trac 550
Install front 400
Install rear 300
Diff fluid 36
Tax 155
Total 2241.34
How was your fluid only $36?? The fluid I'm getting runs $100 per axle... I'm putting in royal purple
Jackedup00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:39 PM
  #36604  
Resident light whore
 
BrowningSCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 31,772
Thanked 710 Times in 598 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jackedup00 View Post

All of the guys that bog around here running bigger than 40s usually go bigger than d60s. I just want something solid that won't break on me everytime I take it out lol.
Most of them probably started with them and worked up too
BrowningSCrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:40 PM
  #36605  
Senior Member
 
Jackedup00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 19,702
Thanked 229 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew View Post

Most of them probably started with them and worked up too
True true. I might do 60s just so when its time to fab up rockwells I'll have a welder and experience. I'm hoping I can get lucky and find an f350 at pull a part,get the axle for about $150
Jackedup00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:20 PM
  #36606  
4v > 2v
 
MyFX4Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,975
Thanked 93 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jackedup00 View Post

How was your fluid only $36?? The fluid I'm getting runs $100 per axle... I'm putting in royal purple
6 quarts at 5.99 a piece. They either gave me a deal or forgot to add front diff price in. Idk what they put in but I changed mine 1k miles after or so. 500 is recommended to change fluid again. I would put in cheap stuff for initial break in period and then spend the money afterwards for rp.
MyFX4Project is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:26 PM
  #36607  
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,842
Thanked 83 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jackedup00 View Post
How was your fluid only $36?? The fluid I'm getting runs $100 per axle... I'm putting in royal purple

I would avoid rp and go amsoil or redline. I've hear many people blowing rear ends in less than 500 miles and they can't pin point it but it's most likely the rp that caused it. And this was from an online source so no saying they are telling the truth. But these were high hp muscle cars. I just play it safe man. Amsoil is partial to the high temp high wear oils like diff oil. And it's a not needed like engine oil so the extra cost is worth it!
Jacob.P93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:38 PM
  #36608  
Senior Member
 
Jackedup00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 19,702
Thanked 229 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jacob.P93 View Post

I would avoid rp and go amsoil or redline. I've hear many people blowing rear ends in less than 500 miles and they can't pin point it but it's most likely the rp that caused it. And this was from an online source so no saying they are telling the truth. But these were high hp muscle cars. I just play it safe man. Amsoil is partial to the high temp high wear oils like diff oil. And it's a not needed like engine oil so the extra cost is worth it!
Everyone I know runs royal purple in their 10th gens,that's all the local dealer puts in them.
Jackedup00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:48 PM
  #36609  
Senior Member
 
jferg92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,687
Thanked 170 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew View Post
Boy do I love my 80's dodge!
And the other two "1500's"
jferg92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:52 AM
  #36610  
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,842
Thanked 83 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jackedup00 View Post
Everyone I know runs royal purple in their 10th gens,that's all the local dealer puts in them.
Hope it works out man.
Jacob.P93 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The official 97-03 group BS Thread


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: