Topic Sponsor
Off-Topic Want to discuss something not related to a Ford F150? Here's the place.

New silverado gets WORSE mpg than last gen model

 
Old 12-11-2018, 07:03 AM
  #1  
Senile member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sarasota, FL area
Posts: 2,592
Received 558 Likes on 405 Posts
Default New silverado gets WORSE mpg than last gen model

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...cid=spartanntp

lol. In before the mass of excuses why their 4cyl turbo doesn't get the mpg advertised. They've basically given up the ghost right here. The 2.7 ecoboost is gonna have it all over that truck.
chimmike is online now  
Old 12-11-2018, 07:49 AM
  #2  
Levet
 
Chris Levet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chimmike View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...cid=spartanntp

lol. In before the mass of excuses why their 4cyl turbo doesn't get the mpg advertised. They've basically given up the ghost right here. The 2.7 ecoboost is gonna have it all over that truck.
Am I missing something here? The article says, "Keep in mind, the trucks we're talking about all have the 4.3-liter V6 and 5.3-liter V8 engines and six-speed automatic transmissions." - Provided by CBS Interactive Inc
Chris Levet is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 07:53 AM
  #3  
Senile member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sarasota, FL area
Posts: 2,592
Received 558 Likes on 405 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chris Levet View Post
Am I missing something here? The article says, "Keep in mind, the trucks we're talking about all have the 4.3-liter V6 and 5.3-liter V8 engines and six-speed automatic transmissions." - Provided by CBS Interactive Inc
Read Chevy's excuses as to why. Then ask yourself "why didn't they talk about the other engines/transmissions if the other options performed better?"
chimmike is online now  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:03 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
digitaltrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,360
Received 878 Likes on 728 Posts
Default

Chevy's current leadership is causing its own demise!
digitaltrucker is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:05 AM
  #5  
Senile member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sarasota, FL area
Posts: 2,592
Received 558 Likes on 405 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by digitaltrucker View Post
Chevy's current leadership is causing its own demise!
yep. Everything is reactionary versus proactive, except with the camaro and corvette.
chimmike is online now  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:17 AM
  #6  
Levet
 
Chris Levet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chimmike View Post
Read Chevy's excuses as to why. Then ask yourself "why didn't they talk about the other engines/transmissions if the other options performed better?"
Yeah no doubt, what I did find interesting too is the mention of Chevy moving to more aluminum components to lighten up the overall weight. Funny how Ford was the recipient of the soda can jokes. Oh the irony...

I don't miss my Silveraydo one bit, probably some of the worse vehicles I ever owned were Chevrolet.
Chris Levet is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:26 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
digitaltrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,360
Received 878 Likes on 728 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chris Levet View Post
Yeah no doubt, what I did find interesting too is the mention of Chevy moving to more aluminum components to lighten up the overall weight. Funny how Ford was the recipient of the soda can jokes. Oh the irony...

I don't miss my Silveraydo one bit, probably some of the worse vehicles I ever owned were Chevrolet.
Interesting, I drove (hard) a leased Tahoe for work and got a new one every 8 months due to mileage, those were flawless. Dependability of a vehicle has many variables, one is how its made and another is how its used. But I am sure, this could also be said for Ford and Ram!
digitaltrucker is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:43 AM
  #8  
Levet
 
Chris Levet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by digitaltrucker View Post
Interesting, I drove (hard) a leased Tahoe for work and got a new one every 8 months due to mileage, those were flawless. Dependability of a vehicle has many variables, one is how its made and another is how its used. But I am sure, this could also be said for Ford and Ram!
I lease as well, the Chevies just never held up for me. I just turned in my latest lease (16 Explorer Sport) with 52,000 miles on it after 30 months. That thing just got the job done day in and day out. I'm pretty hard on my vehicles especially the right and left pedals. I put fuel in it and changed the oil every 5,000 and not one issue besides a recall for the vents in the rear. I had a Silverado before that and at 20,000 miles the interior started rattling, multiple headlight failures, ball joints and alternator crapped out. Not saying my Ford's have been flawless but I have had much better experiences with my Ford vehicles. I leased a Chrysler Pacifica for the wife this summer and that thing has been in the shop 3 times since August, her Explorer Limited was in the shop one time in 4 years and that was for the vent recall.
Chris Levet is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 09:09 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 548
Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by digitaltrucker View Post
GM's current leadership is causing its own demise!
Fixed

note they also said it grew in size with and with that horrifically ugly mass of wind resisting front end the drag coefficient probably dropped 10%

Last edited by Speedfreak400; 12-11-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Speedfreak400 is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 03:16 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
bassJAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,329
Received 203 Likes on 168 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by digitaltrucker View Post
Interesting, I drove (hard) a leased Tahoe for work and got a new one every 8 months due to mileage, those were flawless. Dependability of a vehicle has many variables, one is how its made and another is how its used. But I am sure, this could also be said for Ford and Ram!
8 months isn't a long time. Out of the 6 cars and trucks I've owned, all but one has been issue free up until they hit 100,000 miles. Most were still relatively trouble free still until sensors and smaller parts started dying around 170-180k miles.
bassJAM is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New silverado gets WORSE mpg than last gen model


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: