Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Off-Topic Want to discuss something not related to a Ford F150? Here's the place.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Old 12-16-2010, 12:23 PM

Default Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Anyone have one yet?

My wife and I drove one yesterday, as she is in the market for a new vehicle.

I am really impressed with what Jeep has done to the new GC's. And the Overland was incredible. Air lift suspension puts it up to 10+ inches of ground clearance and lowers it to about 6 for ingress/egress, beautiful wood grain, very tight, quiet...and the Hemi really moves it.

What are your thoughts/experiences with the 2011's?
Old 12-16-2010, 01:04 PM

Fast! Drove one about a week ago and fast is the word for the new GC's.

Still a Chrysler product so I am always leery about their trannys, but this might be a sign they are finally doing something right. Interior was beautiful and sophisticated but almost too nice unless it is only going to be a daily driver grocery getter.

I liked the air ride as well but it seemed trinkety to me in the sense of something thats not real practical and will inevitably go wrong and cost a crap ton of $ to fix. Id use it but would doubt the woman that I dont have (Im single) would ever use it. Maybe your wifes cool and would but it seems like a giant waste of $ to me for the average person.

One thing I did note was the poor stereo in the one I drove. What was your wives impression of the GC?
Old 12-16-2010, 01:23 PM

ive driven the. then again i work at a dodge dealer. there sales seem pretty slow right now but they are climbing in sale. we still have about 10 of the GC sitting on our lot ranging from base model to fully loaded
Old 12-16-2010, 04:50 PM

Before we even got into it, she didn't like the chrome grille and mirror caps. Then she fell in love with the heated steering wheel. She's been looking at Expeds, Tahoes, Yukons, etc. but they are so so compared to the Jeep.

It was pretty fast compared to my truck, but my brother has an SRT8 Jeep and nothing compares to that!!!

Flamehead, is it true that there is not much wiggle room on the price of Overlands? I heard there is not much markup on them. They are what they are.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: