Hate Tailgaters!! - Page 3 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Off-Topic Want to discuss something not related to a Ford F150? Here's the place.

Hate Tailgaters!!

Old 12-31-2018, 11:19 PM
  #21  
Member
 
Yeags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Move over or drive faster your holding up traffic
Yeags is offline  
Old 01-01-2019, 02:27 PM
  #22  
Luke
 
SCORGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Fort Mitchell, Al
Posts: 9,741
Thanked 1,072 Times in 800 Posts
Default

Yeah....if you're riding the left lane, doing under the limit and have a line of cars behind you...
gtfo of my way. If you can't handle driving the speed limit, get in the slow lane where you belong.
People who tailgate for no reason, yeah, screw them.
SCORGE is offline  
Old 01-01-2019, 05:39 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Kite, GA (Dont blink, you'll miss us)
Posts: 110
Thanked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Default

And oh, by the way Ö


JoeinGa is offline  
Old 01-01-2019, 08:25 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 218
Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dannofx4 View Post
I hate tailgaters...???...just get the fck outta the way???

I hate people who drive side by side on divided roadways...I hate people who cant handle driving the speed limit and have to be 10 below...I hate...I hate...I hate...

Too much hating...
Then they speed up when you start to pass them, then wonder why they just got cut off.
toostroked is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 11:36 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Port Huron, Michigan
Posts: 395
Thanked 49 Times in 45 Posts
Default

I'm a fan of brake checking if you don't get the hint after I ride the white line to give you more than enough room to pass then slowing down at a nice steady pace and then taking the shoulder and showering you in gravel. there is absolutely zero reason for you to put my life in any more danger by riding my *** because you think you are more important or can't manage time like a big boy to get where you need in a safe manner. I normally do 5 over on two lane roads if there is no traffic and the road is clear, don't like then it pass but pull your head just enough out of your *** to maintain a safe following distance or do the world a favor and swallow the barrel of a shotgun and wait for the bright light so can you kill yourself before you kill someone else. Obviously a lot of you think 4k+ lb trucks going 50-100 mph equals a game, maybe drivers training should include a trip to the morgue or mandatory accident scene photos of people pinned in vehicles so badly mangled that you can make out what exactly you are looking at, or how grey matter look splattered on the inside of a windshield all because they were idiots. But really that wouldn't work because NOBODY thinks of anyone but themselves on the road anymore hence everyone has their heads buried in a phone while doing 80mph 3-4' another cars bumper.

Maybe we should treat tailgating and reckless driving as what it is, a threat to do great bodily harm and allow people to defend themselves from it as such... maybe that would get people attention.
duck9191 is online now  
Old 01-02-2019, 11:54 AM
  #26  
Sociopath Truckdriver
 
johnday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Barton City Michigan
Posts: 11,482
Thanked 2,247 Times in 1,857 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
Maybe we should treat tailgating and reckless driving as what it is, a threat to do great bodily harm and allow people to defend themselves from it as such... maybe that would get people attention.
Ya know, ya have a point there. Maybe call it "public endangerment"? Only problem would be enforcing it before an accident. Where I am, there isn't many LEO's out there.
johnday is online now  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:06 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Port Huron, Michigan
Posts: 395
Thanked 49 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Ya know, ya have a point there. Maybe call it "public endangerment"? Only problem would be enforcing it before an accident. Where I am, there isn't many LEO's out there.
Hell most of the cops are the biggest offenders! I asked a buddy who is a cop why his fellow officers do and he said to see how people behave... I asked if they get brake checked often because they deserve it. I got pulled last years ago because one would not pass so i hugged the white line, still on my *** i slowly started slowing down, he's still on my *** so i took the shoulder and stopped and he followed me and turned on my lights. His first question was "why did you pull over like that" i responded "why the F*** are you not maintaining a safe following distance when i gave you every chance in the world to pass and there is no oncoming traffic?" He claimed he was trying to read my plate number, off a brand new, spotless MI plate with bright blue letters. Told him if he can't read a plate without having to tailgate then he might want to retire. He then claimed he was nowhere near the back of my truck and had at least 3 seconds following distance. I asked if he would like to see the dash cam in my truck that would prove he was full of it and he just said have a nice day. I sent the video to the sheriff but never heard anything. Lost the video when i purged my youtube account.
duck9191 is online now  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:12 PM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
gone postal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central NY
Posts: 6,883
Thanked 293 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SCORGE View Post
Yeah....if you're riding the left lane, doing under the limit and have a line of cars behind you...
gtfo of my way. If you can't handle driving the speed limit, get in the slow lane where you belong.
People who tailgate for no reason, yeah, screw them.
Yeah, the fine young lady the other day doing 40 MPH in the left lane (3 lane highway), I was doing 70 with a line behind me.....

Flash lights, she slows down, then speeds up to match speed with the center lane.

Slow down, flash lights again, she hits the brake, slows down, then pulls into the center lane, boyfriend in the passenger seat flips me off.

Idiot almost caused multiple accidents in about 45 seconds and she's upset with me? FFS........


gone postal is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:20 PM
  #29  
Fallen Angel
 
Archangel72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 469
Thanked 57 Times in 50 Posts
Default

So you brake check folks well I have seen and heard of police pulling people over for brake checking as THEY feel that is reckless driving. I do agree with that, You are purposely causing an obstruction to their driving. I admit I have done it myself and know and understand that doing that myself is a reckless act on the road. to be honest it is sort of like purposely swerving at someone.


Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
Hell most of the cops are the biggest offenders! I asked a buddy who is a cop why his fellow officers do and he said to see how people behave... I asked if they get brake checked often because they deserve it. I got pulled last years ago because one would not pass so i hugged the white line, still on my *** i slowly started slowing down, he's still on my *** so i took the shoulder and stopped and he followed me and turned on my lights. His first question was "why did you pull over like that" i responded "why the F*** are you not maintaining a safe following distance when i gave you every chance in the world to pass and there is no oncoming traffic?" He claimed he was trying to read my plate number, off a brand new, spotless MI plate with bright blue letters. Told him if he can't read a plate without having to tailgate then he might want to retire. He then claimed he was nowhere near the back of my truck and had at least 3 seconds following distance. I asked if he would like to see the dash cam in my truck that would prove he was full of it and he just said have a nice day. I sent the video to the sheriff but never heard anything. Lost the video when i purged my youtube account.
Archangel72 is online now  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:37 PM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Port Huron, Michigan
Posts: 395
Thanked 49 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Archangel72 View Post
So you brake check folks well I have seen and heard of police pulling people over for brake checking as THEY feel that is reckless driving. I do agree with that, You are purposely causing an obstruction to their driving. I admit I have done it myself and know and understand that doing that myself is a reckless act on the road. to be honest it is sort of like purposely swerving at someone.
Normally it gets people to back the hell up or pass and that is only after i have slowed down to say 25mph to make it easier for you to pass, if you still haven't 25-0 is a lot quicker stop. I'm not causing an obstruction by doing the speed limit or above, you are breaking the law by not keeping enough distance to control your vehicle and creating a dangerous situation. I make every attempt to do the "right thing" by yielding to the shoulder or slowing so you can pass, but if you still haven't passes or backed off your just an ******* tailgating because somehow it gets your jollies off.

At that point nothing would make me happier than to see you try to pass right into the path of a gravel train doing 60 because sooner or later the car you are tailgating is going to have to make a emergency mannover and because your ignorant *** can be smart enough, or respectful enough to allow enough room for safe travel you WILL make an avoidable situation an accident. I've saw the result of tailgating and not paying attention while driving and its a mess of soft tissue and gore that even people that see it every day are effected by. There is zero consequence for being a jackass behind the wheel until you cause an accident because police rarely pull people over for following to close.
duck9191 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hate Tailgaters!!


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: