Topic Sponsor
Off-Topic Want to discuss something not related to a Ford F150? Here's the place.

Electric Harleys?

Old 01-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Official HTT Greeter

Received 302 Likes on 247 Posts
Default Electric Harleys?

So it looks like HD is going to try out the EV world. A rather expensive street bike ($30kish only 110 mile range) as well as a future scooter type ride and maybe a dirt bike thing.

discuss?

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e.../electric.html
Old 01-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Fleet Technician

Received 4,716 Likes on 3,677 Posts

Excellent, whilst I was waiting you got my intrigue up on this subject, seems Harley's been working on this for the past 5 years and plan to go ahead with sales very soon, as soon as this year.

Definitely going to keep my eye on this as well. It would seem the human race is finally about to head into the future where transportation is concerned and I say IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

My only concern at this point is the damn thing leaking battery acid on my driveway! HA! You know I had to. The era I grew up in there were two constants, If it don't stain your driveway it ain't a Harley and if your girlfriend don't stain the back seat you ain't doin' it right.

Last edited by Rnlcomp; 01-09-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Fleet Technician

Adding this for those that like to look at pictures/video instead of reading. Millennial generation thing I think LOL.

Last edited by Rnlcomp; 01-09-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Official HTT Greeter

My complaint is that there's rumors of it costing $30k+ and only having a 110 mile range (depending on driving style). That's a lot of money for such an impractically short range.

I don't see that range/price combo selling well. However if they can get it under $15k or over 200 miles, then maybe. I really like the other 2 future options, If they can get the dirt bike under $10k and the scooter under $8k, then they just might make it.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:15 AM

Received 203 Likes on 168 Posts

I've been following this for a few years. While I'm glad HD is finally getting innovative again after 40 years of providing the same old crap, it seems they still haven't realized that they need to capture young riders first with a cheaper bike before enticing them to later buy $30k+ bikes. And this probably is even more true in the electric world, you're not going to convince many 50+ year olds who have $30k to blow to "try out" an electric bike, especially a Harley.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:46 AM

Received 213 Likes on 142 Posts

I'd be nervous to ride an electric bike.

People already don't see them when they're screaming down the road making all kinds of noise, so I can only imagine they will become completely invisible to mindless drivers as they whisper by barely making a sound.

I personally hate the way Harley's and "chopper" style bikes sound when they're too loud, but I'd call it a safety feature when riding a bike on the roads.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:36 AM

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

I have wanted one in the worst way every since the rumor started years ago with Captain America: Winter Soldier when Scarlett Johansen rode the prototype in the movie. I wanted almost as much as losing my virginity. Until the price was announced this week. It was like meeting the woman of my dreams from a poster you had as a kid and finding out she is actually a dude.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Official HTT Greeter

Originally Posted by phenrichs View Post
I have wanted one in the worst way every since the rumor started years ago with Captain America: Winter Soldier when Scarlett Johansen rode the prototype in the movie. I wanted almost as much as losing my virginity. Until the price was announced this week. It was like meeting the woman of my dreams from a poster you had as a kid and finding out she is actually a dude.
exactly, Or perhaps you meet her and then find out you've got to work 23hrs a day to afford her and then you only get 1 hour to actually be with her.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:45 AM

Received 203 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by SixShooter14 View Post
exactly, Or perhaps you meet her and then find out you've got to work 23hrs a day to afford her and then you only get 1 hour to actually be with her.
And she's high maintenance, so she's in the bathroom for 45 minutes of that hour.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Fleet Technician

Originally Posted by bassJAM View Post
And she's high maintenance, so she's in the bathroom for 45 minutes of that hour.
And has a headache the other 15 minutes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electric Harleys?

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: