Copy, Paste, Strange quote Pops Up - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Off-Topic
Copy, Paste, Strange quote Pops Up >

Copy, Paste, Strange quote Pops Up

Topic Sponsor
Off-Topic Want to discuss something not related to a Ford F150? Here's the place.

Copy, Paste, Strange quote Pops Up

Old 12-28-2018, 10:47 PM
Gone Golfin

Thanked 1,175 Times in 807 Posts
Default Copy, Paste, Strange quote Pops Up

It just started a couple of months ago. When I copy and paste from someone's response in a thread it leaves these stupid quotation inserts.

Example would be here -

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/repla...t-502a-435073/

I believe I'm the second response. I quoted a line from the OP's original post and you can see the [ ] left at the beginning of the copy and past and then at the end of the response.

Anyone know why or how to get rid of it?
Old 12-28-2018, 10:57 PM
Fleet Technician

Thanked 4,333 Times in 3,409 Posts

Originally Posted by idrive View Post
It just started a couple of months ago. When I copy and paste from someone's response in a thread it leaves these stupid quotation inserts.

Example would be here -

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/repla...t-502a-435073/

I believe I'm the second response. I quoted a line from the OP's original post and you can see the [ ] left at the beginning of the copy and past and then at the end of the response.

Anyone know why or how to get rid of it?
Using an Apple device?
Old 12-28-2018, 11:10 PM
Gone Golfin

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp View Post
Using an Apple device?
No, my 6 yr old Toshiba laptop. What's strange is it just started doing it 5-6 weeks a go. I've noticed a couple of other folks recently that seemed to have the same issue.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:48 PM
Fleet Technician

Hmm, I also use Toshiba, have been for several years. Never had that issue but what I gather from the post you pointed out, it appears to be the code for changing text color except it's not working right because the end quotation does not complete the code. If it did you wouldn't see the code only the text color change.

Only thing I can think of is you didn't copy the entire line of text to include a complete text color code, or some malware on the pc that's causing it if you did not intend to highlight the copied text in a different color.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:54 PM
Gone Golfin

What's also strange is it only happens on this site.

What you saw is the same as it is every time regardless of what I C&P from someone's post and as I mentioned I noticed someone else's post a couple of days a go had the same issue.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:00 AM

What happens when you copy and then paste it into something like NotePad? Do they show up there?
Old 12-29-2018, 12:15 AM
Gone Golfin

Nope,

I C&P'd the thread title I left in my 1st post, it didn't do it there, just from someone's post into my response.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:21 AM

How do you do it? Do you highlight what you want to copy and then copy it. Then do you do the quick reply at the bottom or use the main reply button?

I assume this does it all the time? Just trying to see if I can reproduce it. However, it won't be a true test as I am on an iMac so will more than likely have different results.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:27 AM
Fleet Technician

Hmmm, just in case dl and run a scan using Malware bytes (Free) version. There could be some whacked code running although I've never heard of it in all my days of doing security work on pc's.

www.malwarebytes.com. I've used this software for many many years on several pc's and have fixed many as a direct result. Oh did I mention it's free?
Old 12-29-2018, 12:33 AM
Gone Golfin

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp View Post
Hmmm, just in case dl and run a scan using Malware bytes (Free) version. There could be some whacked code running although I've never heard of it in all my days of doing security work on pc's.

www.malwarebytes.com. I've used this software for many many years on several pc's and have fixed many as a direct result. Oh did I mention it's free?
I'm actually running it already. Just installed their "new" update about a week a go. I'm clean.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Copy, Paste, Strange quote Pops Up

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: