Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Straight six Carb wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Straight six Carb wiring

There is a cylindrical module on the side of my carb with two wires coming from the bottom... Friend of mine put this new carb in (stock replacement) and I believe I remember these two wires connected to two that come from the truck, coming from the drivers side of engine.. Few weeks ago it started idling rough/stalling for first few minutes until it warms up.. I took the air cleaner off and saw one wire was not connected anymore, and it's live, I went to tape it up and do some research and I bumped a metal bracket and it sparked... Is this the electric choke/wiring?? I did touch the two together briefly and it seemed the idle changed but I didn't keep it touching for long...
Old 04-02-2016, 06:54 PM

Straight six Carb wiring-image-802320926.jpg
Old 04-02-2016, 07:37 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Don't know what that thing is (but it probably needs to be wired up properly). Your choke is on the far right - the silver thing with the black plastic cover and the markings on it for lean and rich.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:46 PM

Ahh I see ok, and I remembered that the module with the wires is the feedback solenoid... I'm trying to research the wiring.. If it's two wires positive negative and it just needs power or if it's more complicated than that... Thanks for the reply that jogged my memory

Quick Reply: Straight six Carb wiring