Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy

Hello all,
This forum is exactly what I was looking for. I have an 86 F150 Tan.
3oo/6. 2wd.
I bought it from a lady in Virginia that parked it in her garage after her husband died in 92. It had 53,561 miles on it. It sat for 15 years. Ive had it 2 years now and I love this truck!
I had to do some things right away because it sat so long. Tires,brake lines,
radiator,master cylinder, but other then that it was great. The bed paint was even perfect. She said he only used it to take trash to the dump.
I couldnt believe I had been so lucky.
What I love the most is that I can work on it myself! All the systems are easy to get too.
It does have some issues that Im working on.
The dash pad is cracked and some rust has developed in the cab corners.
But I love it. I want to keep it entirely stock, roof to wheels.
This is my first truck so if anyone has any hints or tips on this model that would be great. One thing that has just started happening is the emissions light is coming on.
Anyway Im looking forward to talking to all of you.

Last edited by Steve; 09-24-2007 at 11:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-25-2007, 07:01 AM
A_G

auto or manual?
if auto be easy on it. Its an AOD. i killed one pretty easily. But other than that you cant kill a 4.9 there tanks.

Congrats on the find..

Last edited by A_G; 09-25-2007 at 07:07 AM. Reason: i have giant .......................................dogs...................................................
Old 09-25-2007, 07:02 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by A_G
auto or manual?
if auto be easy on it. Its an AOD. i killed one pretty easily. But other than that you can't kill a 4.9 there tanks.

Congrats on the find..
Fixed
Old 09-25-2007, 07:16 AM
A_G

NGM do you really haft to put grammar in my post. seriously....Im mean its funny and all... But sometimes its fun to misspell things....
Old 09-25-2007, 11:24 AM

auto or manual?
if auto be easy on it. Its an AOD. i killed one pretty easily. But other than that you cant kill a 4.9 there tanks.

Thanks AG, Its auto.
I have to ask, how did you kill your aod?
Old 09-26-2007, 12:29 AM
A_G

well once upon a time at my old shop. The had an old rv out back they wanted towed out to the front to be worked on . Well my pickup wouldnt do it. My buddy snapped a front right drive shaft on his truck trying to get it out.

So the retard owner i mean not smart, mommys business type owner. He decided to try a customers dumptruck. Not just any customer. The CHEROKEE NATION (indian) dumptruck. And suck it up to the rear axle. so i tried yanking it. HE just kept digging. THen i tried 8ft of slack. Bent rear bumper, tweaked frame. Then we found our problem. When he was fiddling with it earlier he had removed the rigth front brake air line. Mind you on a diesel if theres low pressure or no pressure the brakes lock...On top of that he drove it out in a muddy field...so on goes a 500+ gallon waste oil tank. after we dug itout and put tires under the rear tires. My truck alone pulled it out. after tha tit started leaking ATF real bad. Then started falling out of gear. thats when i foudn out i dont have a e4od liike what was supposed to come with my truck. Somebody had switched in a mustang 5.0 ho and AOD truck tranny...

On top of this. I had to wash the dumptruck...

Old 09-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

why not dive the dumptruck out?
Old 09-26-2007, 02:29 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:14 PM
A_G

because when they were trying to drive the dumptruck out the right front wheel was lock due to the line being blown off the brakes. and after that the guy that was just speeding through the gears trying to get it out. Dug it down far enough that the pumpkin was setting on the ground. (rear axle) . There was another truck involved in pulling it blew its transmission right there. I got another month worth of driving before it went out. of course they did let a little 14 year olid pilot the other truck. INstead of the eeasing into it he gunned it. and the hweels wernt moving....i just eased into it and when it started rolling i got into it. the tires that i had just gotten helped out alot... 30/9.50/15 durangos....man there knarly.

Quick Reply: New Guy