Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

My 82 F250 4x4 Build help getting started..

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 82 F250 4x4 Build help getting started..

Hello to all the Ford lovin hillbillys out there, I am going to be the first one to stand proud and say, "I am not yet a Ford lovin hillbilly, as for I love my Chevy Silverado." But, with that being said....

I broke down...

Not my Silverado... It doesnt break down. But "I"broke down when I saw a deal that I felt was unpassable. It was a sight for soar eyes at first look I might admit, but i know a deal when I see one. So I went with my undigested pizza from earlier that afternoon in-my-gut-feeling and Bid on an ugly *** 1982 F250 4x4. Now... Before anyone tries looking up my IP Address to come find my whereabouts and show me
Quote:
how to really love an F250
, Im not calling it UGLY because its a Ford... I am calling it UGLY because its downright bright *** yellow, got a couple good rust areas on the body, the interior looks like its going to make my dog barf, and the motor inside her is deemed "Burnt". But I got it for a $350 bargan deal, WHICH means I at least saw its potential and at last gave it an oppertunity to win spot in my heart full of Chevy.

Now. Since I got all that out of the way this is what Im up against. Im figuring that Im going to need a new motor entirely. If such is true, I located one online (not neccesarily the one that I am buying) but for reference, I picked out one that I thought was a generic fit for this truck but my question is what about the 4x4 portion of this truck? Ive never rebuilt any motors so bearwith me here, I am mechanically enclined though and have the drive to learn... I will post all the trucks specs and pictures and then ill also post the specs for the replacement engine. Everyones feedback is very much appreciated as I have to decide that I made a great, or a horribly bad decision on this buy(I have to get it from the Auction location by tomorrow).
What all do I need to know or get to make something like a new engine work!?
Thanks in advance!

Specs of 1982 F250 4x4

This motors website... https://autopartsfair.com/ford-car_e...or_351mlb.html
Old 11-18-2018, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks hella beat up.... I love it!
Old 11-18-2018, 05:46 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

You'd be MUCH better-off converting it to EFI. ANY EFI, but I prefer OE (meaning a newer junkyard engine).

You may find more help with such an old truck at this forum:
http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Quick Reply: My 82 F250 4x4 Build help getting started..