Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

86' f150 302 EGR to Exhaust missing

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86' f150 302 EGR to Exhaust missing

so I've been fixing up this truck new plugs wires, coil pack, fuel filter, battery, new starter solenoid, new wires to and from the battery, and a new starter. as you can see I've replaced almost everything to do with the spark to the fuel, after all of that i got her to start but she runs sluggish sometimes hard to start, idles high with the TPS hooked up so that's getting replaced, lets just say 1/4 of a tank in an hour is part of reason and other is obd1 said it was the issue. after unhooking the TPS it starts but got to hit the gas a bit and doesn't take 5 mins... had truck running today and made it to work left her running for about 2 hours total while i was working. multiple different times of course. also found out my EGR valve was not hooked up and was also throwing a code... this is were some of the problems start. egr inst hooked up to exhaust or vacuum solenoid found the vacuum line but egr is shot... replacing it, but the line from the exhaust to the egr valve is no where to be found. only thing close is the smog tube to exhaust (smog hasn't been hooked to a belt in years). not sure if that was suppose be spliced their to egr. please someone help me with this. also getting a PIP to install due to codes. it also had about 5 gals bad gas mixed in with 20gals good gas. it sat for about 3 years till i bought it.

trouble Codes From EBD1- 14, 63, 31

Thank you all for your time and help

Old 08-25-2018, 01:44 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

There's no advantage to double-posting on the same BBS:
https://www.f150forum.com/f10/86-f15...issing-425013/

Quick Reply: 86' f150 302 EGR to Exhaust missing