Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

85 f150 carbtastrophy

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 f150 carbtastrophy

So I just picked up a nice rust free 85 f150 last night. Its a 2wd, 3 speed auto. I've had alot of EFI fords and torn apart enough of those to know my way around. I figured I would be able to figure out a carb as well. However this seems to be an electric carb of some kind that someone tried to delete the EGR stuff out of. As a result it runs rich, bucks, and idles high. There seems to be no ignition module but has a spot for one. I'm just trying to see what my options are as far as putting a 4 barrel on if thats an option or what I can make it do to run right. I can provide pictures of the engine bay as it sits now. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Old 09-28-2018, 11:21 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

You neglected to mention what engine & carb are on it now. Yes, pics would help us help you. Click this & read the caption:

(phone app link)
Old 09-28-2018, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve83
You neglected to mention what engine & carb are on it now. Yes, pics would help us help you. Click this & read the caption:

(phone app link)
I have a 302 engine and what looks like a feedback carb. I think I have figured out how to convert it to the duraspark 2 setup. The truck appears to have a c4 transmission in it so it should be easier to convert.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:43 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Everything about the truck needs to be in your sig so we don't have to scroll back through every post looking for info each time we want to answer you.

What exactly makes you think that's a feedback carb? The only one I'm aware of was the 1-bbl for the 300ci.

(phone app link)

It will almost certainly be easier & cheaper to fix the original carb than to try to swap something else on. But if you really want it to run well, you should have stuck with EFI.