'78 F150 door weather stripping - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

'78 F150 door weather stripping

Old 12-24-2018, 10:53 AM

Default '78 F150 door weather stripping

Need a little help here.
Just completed a cab off resto but the weather stripping i bought (LMC) makes it "very" difficult to close doors even with extensive door adjustments, it seems as though the rubber is heavier/thicker than original. Was told that a 90s weather stripping works better with only slight mods to it... has anyone tried it or could someone post a close up piv of their 90s WS for a comparison, ine glues on over the pinch weld.
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
Seasons Greetings 2018, Circa '78
Called Dennis Carpenter and was told theirs was to OEM Ford specs
Old 12-24-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by hobolabo View Post
Need a little help here.
Just completed a cab off resto but the weather stripping i bought (LMC) makes it "very" difficult to close doors even with extensive door adjustments, it seems as though the rubber is heavier/thicker than original. Was told that a 90s weather stripping works better with only slight mods to it... has anyone tried it or could someone post a close up piv of their 90s WS for a comparison, ine glues on over the pinch weld.
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
Seasons Greetings 2018, Circa '78
Called Dennis Carpenter and was told theirs was to OEM Ford specs
I resto’d a 77 about a decade ago and remember having the same issues with LMC stuff. The weatherstripping needs time to break in and find its home. A few hot days in the sun will accelerate this process. I remember most of the bind being the sill area and the front towards the fender. How did you set the stuff?

Last edited by FjordsFords; 12-24-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:38 PM

Thanks for the reply, probably won't do anything about it till spring and plan on going to see the kids in Fla. plan on stopping in NC and cling out the stripping at DC store, I'll take a piece of mine to compare then decide. You can bet that I'll post my opinion here though... good or bad, hopefully good plus I'm going to ck out the 90s stripping as well.
Have a safe n healthy New Year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '78 F150 door weather stripping

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: