Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

75 F150 Wiring Harness Help

Old 08-16-2018, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question 75 F150 Wiring Harness Help

Hello fellow F150 fanatics! I took on a basket case trying to replace a melted down wiring harness on a classic 1975 F150. Here are two connectors I need help to identify and properly plug in. The first is under the dash and is a yellow connector with 3 openings on the end of a single black/green wire. The second connector has 4 wires coming out of the bottom of the steering column. It resembles a flat trailer wiring harness and this truck was once wired for a trailer brake. This does not match up with anything under the dash. I'll attach pics. (I tried to put these two connectors together with no results. So that didn't work)

Yellow 3-hole connector on a black/green wire under the dash to the right of the steering column.

A 4-wire connector comes out of the bottom of the steering column near the floor board.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:15 AM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Try doing a google search for year specific wire diagrams, i did for my 78' and got what i needed. Hope this helps.... i google anything i need help with and usuallly get it.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:47 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

ID connectors by WIRE COLOR; not connector color or shape. Ford has generally used the same wire colors for a given function on all vehicles since the Model A (or thereabouts). Read this & the NEXT few:

(phone app link)

The yellow one is for adding aftermarket accessories - it's the same one that was used on cop cars (P71 Crown Vics) for MANY years. The other one is probably for a transmission NSS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 75 F150 Wiring Harness Help