Topic Sponsor
2021+ Ford F150 Discussion of the 14th generation F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 XLT 3.0L Diesel COLD AIR Passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2021 XLT 3.0L Diesel COLD AIR Passenger side

My wife keeps complaining of cold air coming from the lower door passenger side (Between the door and seat)

Cant locate the source. Has anyone else had this issue and any remedies ?

Heat is on high all vents and defrost still cold air .

Thanks
Ken
Old 11-19-2022, 04:13 PM
forscan noob

Received 289 Likes on 212 Posts

how good are the door seals? location description makes me think the door isn't sealing good
Old 11-19-2022, 04:15 PM

Truck is practically Brand New 18k miles . Seals are all I could think of too I guess Ill ry the $1 bill test close the door and try and slide it through

Thanks
Ken
Old 11-19-2022, 04:17 PM
forscan noob

Received 289 Likes on 212 Posts

id start with the door alignment check. how good does it line up with front fender and rear door?
Old 11-19-2022, 04:18 PM

Gaps are prefect.
Old 11-19-2022, 05:17 PM
Senior Member First F150

Received 1,067 Likes on 690 Posts

Be interesting to take an oven thermometer and insert it into the vents on the far end of driver and passenger side. Should be pretty even. Hopefully door glass is fully up to.
Old 11-21-2022, 08:29 AM
Jim Fountain

Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

I have discovered the same issue.

HVAC set to auto 70 degrees both sides. Outside temp 40s on a long road trip. There is a vent between the dash and door that blows on the passenger front window. Probably to keep defrosted. Etc. Air is cold.

Driver side vent is blowing as well but the air is warmed and the temp is similar to the floor vents.

When I turned the passenger HVAC control to 80 the air warmed slightly.... but was much colder than the air coming from the floor vents. It seems this passenger vent isn't getting heated properly.

I am really looking forward to trying to explain/demonstrate this to my service writer.....
Old 11-22-2022, 09:47 AM
Official Ford Account

Received 455 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Fountain
I have discovered the same issue.

HVAC set to auto 70 degrees both sides. Outside temp 40s on a long road trip. There is a vent between the dash and door that blows on the passenger front window. Probably to keep defrosted. Etc. Air is cold.

Driver side vent is blowing as well but the air is warmed and the temp is similar to the floor vents.

When I turned the passenger HVAC control to 80 the air warmed slightly.... but was much colder than the air coming from the floor vents. It seems this passenger vent isn't getting heated properly.

I am really looking forward to trying to explain/demonstrate this to my service writer.....
Hello there! I can look into your F-150's HVAC concern. Kindly send us a private message including your VIN and dealership information if you'd like to move forward.
Old 11-22-2022, 09:52 AM

OK Figured it out.

I plugged the truck in to start out warm. Before leaving the driveway air was equally warm at all vents , defrost, front and feet. Was in the lower 20's out so inside of the truck very cold . I let my wife drive while I felt for the draft. I did feel a cool draft between the seat and door panel ............ I think its coming from the warm air out of the floor vents pushing against all the cold interior . 1/2 hour into it......... as the entire truck warmed up there was no more cold air drafts . The plastics were still cool but no more drafts .

A side effect of living in the North Country.... Ice cold interiors

I had her back in the passenger seat and she agreed no more draft.

Problem resolved
Old 11-22-2022, 12:06 PM
Jim Fountain

Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by aaajaws3
OK Figured it out.

I plugged the truck in to start out warm. Before leaving the driveway air was equally warm at all vents , defrost, front and feet. Was in the lower 20's out so inside of the truck very cold . I let my wife drive while I felt for the draft. I did feel a cool draft between the seat and door panel ............ I think its coming from the warm air out of the floor vents pushing against all the cold interior . 1/2 hour into it......... as the entire truck warmed up there was no more cold air drafts . The plastics were still cool but no more drafts .

A side effect of living in the North Country.... Ice cold interiors

I had her back in the passenger seat and she agreed no more draft.

Problem resolved
I don't expect as quick a resolution. Our road trip was 1000 miles over 2 days. Interior was warmed when we did the 80 degree experiments.

Quick Reply: 2021 XLT 3.0L Diesel COLD AIR Passenger side