Topic Sponsor
Custom Offsets CustomWheelOffset.com Phone number: (920) 221-0110

Front tires rubbing in reverse only??

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front tires rubbing in reverse only??

I have a 2016 F150 XLT. I have recently put on new wheels and tires that are 275/60R20 with a -25 offset on a 2 inch leveling kit in the front. When I am driving forward I am able to turn the wheel all the way with no rubbing at all in both directions. When I put the truck in reverse I am only able to make 1 full rotation of the wheel before the tires start to rub. I ordered them off custom offsets which says it a “guaranteed fit” which obviously isn’t the case. I did my research before hand and people have this setup without rub so I’m not sure why mine is doing it unless the leveling kit wasn’t installed properly? I put them on yesterday and have not had an alignment just yet as I plan to first thing Monday morning when the service shop opens up. Will the alignment fix it, or am I going to have to cut away at the inside wall? Trying to avoid any cutting as it’s a newer truck and don’t really want to make any “permanent” changes. Please save any negative comments and please help with a possible solution. Any help is appreciated!!

Last edited by Scook1928; 03-11-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:18 AM
Platinum Vendor

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

Sorry to hear about the incorrect fitment answer Scook1928, Most trucks do not rub going forward/sitting still. Its quite common for trucks to rub in reverse though. Some guys will remove the crash bars, and heat the plastic and push it back. Others just let it rub!
Old 03-12-2019, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Custom Offsets
Sorry to hear about the incorrect fitment answer Scook1928, Most trucks do not rub going forward/sitting still. Its quite common for trucks to rub in reverse though. Some guys will remove the crash bars, and heat the plastic and push it back. Others just let it rub!
I appreciate you guys responding since I did order them from you guys lol but is removing the crash bars a good idea? I’ve seen people reverse them such as switching the driver and passenger side. Not sure If it’s any safer but I’d be glad to hear your opinion!
Old 03-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Platinum Vendor

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

You could, to retain them, we've removed a good amount of them. Either one is a viable option though!

Quick Reply: Front tires rubbing in reverse only??