Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 03:32 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Turbo shop

Does anybody know a shop in southern California that sells/ installs turbo kits?
Old 06-05-2019, 10:44 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Full Race has a relationship with BBI, you can try them.

https://www.bbiautosport.com
The following users liked this post:
chimmike (06-05-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 12:36 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by frdrdr4life
Does anybody know a shop in southern California that sells/ installs turbo kits?
Unfortunately, here in Commiefornia nothing turbo wise is smog legal and any shop that installs one on a registered vehicle is looking at HUGE fines. You can't even get companies that have kits to ship them into California because the fines are so bad. Good luck in your search.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same question. So Cal area.
I think my drivers side turbo is going out so I figure may as well upgrade. If a turbo shop rebuilds with upgraded components, will that affect smog?
Not looking for anything crazy, just a little boost above stock. I have a SCT tunner already and when I smog, I just remove the tune. If I can get an upgrade and custom tune then remove the tune during smog, do you think the truck will run ok to pass smog?
Old 08-06-2019, 05:35 PM

Received 897 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by HMFIC2012
Same question. So Cal area.
I think my drivers side turbo is going out so I figure may as well upgrade. If a turbo shop rebuilds with upgraded components, will that affect smog?
Not looking for anything crazy, just a little boost above stock. I have a SCT tunner already and when I smog, I just remove the tune. If I can get an upgrade and custom tune then remove the tune during smog, do you think the truck will run ok to pass smog?
It should be fine, but no guarantees. The stock tune will reign the turbos in and make the truck run like stock. My suggestion would be to use the existing GT/Ford Performance turbos(assuming your truck is a 2011-2016) as they look identical to stock and would not throw up any red flags.

Quick Reply: Turbo shop