Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning with Shaun from AED

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 04:11 PM

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Tuning with Shaun from AED

So I had a very good email back and forth with Shaun from AED yesterday. I was recommended by one of my buddies with a mustang. I'm considering looking at another channel for tuning potentially. He said he only works with F150's if they're pretty well modded, doesn't do stock stuff or really towing stuff it seemed. He was insistent that I would need at least 47 lb injectors with my setup to run e85. This is the second person that has said this to me. When I had my truck on the dyno in fall the shop owner told me I'd probably need a bap and 47 lbers. Now both of these guys work with primarily mustangs I believe. Shaun said I'm definitely running out of fuel up to and that's why he suspects my current tuner doesn't have me shifting higher than 7k even with the boss intake manifold and GT intake cams. Let me also say that I was so impressed with his service and how open he was to have an email back and forth, it was more like a chat, he was answering all of my questions in real time and responded to my initial inquiry in about two minutes. Does anyone have experience working with him? Am I in need of larger injectors to take advantage of e85 and entering the middle 7500ish powerband ?
Old 02-26-2019, 04:18 PM

Received 366 Likes on 250 Posts

Mustangs usually run 47lb injectors with NA E85 tunes, so its a solid recommendation. The Ford Racing injectors are not expensive, so that's good news.

Shaun has an excellent reputation in the Mustang community, and is known as a good tuner. I tried to have him tune my truck last year, but he referred me to ID Motorsports instead, as he was just too busy at the time. AED has done excellent things with mustangs and he is known as a safe reliable tuner, and is easily one of the best for Coyotes.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by BadCon
Mustangs usually run 47lb injectors with NA E85 tunes, so its a solid recommendation. The Ford Racing injectors are not expensive, so that's good news.

Shaun has an excellent reputation in the Mustang community, and is known as a good tuner. I tried to have him tune my truck last year, but he referred me to ID Motorsports instead, as he was just too busy at the time. AED has done excellent things with mustangs and he is known as a safe reliable tuner, and is easily one of the best for Coyotes.
Yeah, they can be had for about $250 so not bad at all and an easy upgrade to install. I will do it 100% for sure if needed or if I'll see a benefit. I'll probably end up working with him but I'll need to get the injectors first. He said he doesn't tune for e85 on stock injectors.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:56 PM

Received 366 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by blue5.0
Yeah, they can be had for about $250 so not bad at all and an easy upgrade to install. I will do it 100% for sure if needed or if I'll see a benefit. I'll probably end up working with him but I'll need to get the injectors first. He said he doesn't tune for e85 on stock injectors.

Check forums, as the 47lb injectors were stock on all the Roush supercharger kits, and those are usually the first things to go when people start adding power. I have a set sitting on my work bench for that very reason lol. Though I’m keeping mine for if I ever return the truck to stock. They are so cheap however might as well buy new so you know they are clean and free flowing.

The stock 52lb injectors from the GT500’s are also an option if you get some height adapters. Those too can be had cheap.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by BadCon
Check forums, as the 47lb injectors were stock on all the Roush supercharger kits, and those are usually the first things to go when people start adding power. I have a set sitting on my work bench for that very reason lol. Though I’m keeping mine for if I ever return the truck to stock. They are so cheap however might as well buy new so you know they are clean and free flowing.

The stock 52lb injectors from the GT500’s are also an option if you get some height adapters. Those too can be had cheap.
Well why don't you hook a fellow enthusiast up! LOL
Old 02-27-2019, 06:30 PM

Received 428 Likes on 336 Posts

Shawn is good.

Palm beach Dyno is another option

Quick Reply: Tuning with Shaun from AED