Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner ideas for 2016 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner ideas for 2016 5.0

I just bought a used 2016 5.0 last week and I was thinking about purchasing a tuner for it. Oddly, my reason for wanting one is probably much different than most. I was hoping to use it to improve my fuel mileage as much as possible. My mileage isn’t bad (excellent compared to my old truck actually), I’m averaging about 20-21mpg, but that’s if I drive carefully and baby it. I’m not very good at that though, I like to press the skinny pedal too much. What I would really like is a tuner that throttles the truck back, and allows me to get great fuel mileage 5 days a week to and from work, but that I can change on the weekends for towing, or opening it up just for fun. I would like to be able to change it on the fly, and have looked at the pedal commander. I think this would fit what I’m looking for, except for one detail - I like 33” tires. I’ve been reading that some tuners can change the tire size in the truck computer to get your speedometer closer to actual. My old truck went from stock, to 35s, and then back down to 33s, and my speedometer was never correct. I had figured it up and knew where the safe zone was, but it always felt half-finished.

Price, is of course, a factor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Yes I realize that I contradict myself, wanting excellent fuel mileage, as well as larger tires. I’m a train wreck, I know.)

Last edited by duck_novacain; 04-09-2019 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Changed title for clarity. Originally said “Best tuner”. Asking for “the best” is a terrible way to phrase things.

Quick Reply: Tuner ideas for 2016 5.0