Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Catback Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 04:46 PM

Received 401 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Catback Exhaust

I'm looking at the Stainless Works performance connect long tube headers paired with their performance connect catback exhaust for my new 2018 5.0 Platinum. Ultimately this will get paired with the new Whipple supercharger once it gets released. What are your thoughts on the Stainless Work performance connect long tube headers and their performance catback exhaust?
Old 11-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Ezekiel 25:17

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Great parts for sure...not enough of a power bump to justify $3K worth of exhaust though.
The following users liked this post:
rts9364 (11-01-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 01:33 PM

The Stage3 Black Friday deal brings this down to a more palatable $2200.

The Lightning style exit in front of rear tire only has a single X-muffler while the behind the rear tire has two separate mufflers. I like the exit in front of the rear tire but would prefer two separate mufflers.

Any input on which would be better with a Whipple?
Old 11-23-2017, 04:57 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Brand
The Stage3 Black Friday deal brings this down to a more palatable $2200.

The Lightning style exit in front of rear tire only has a single X-muffler while the behind the rear tire has two separate mufflers. I like the exit in front of the rear tire but would prefer two separate mufflers.

Any input on which would be better with a Whipple?
a well known coyote f150 tuner says the X in that system is way too far back to effectively merge. That was a red flag to me. For the price tag I would expect substantial gains.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by SC_Titan
a well known coyote f150 tuner says the X in that system is way too far back to effectively merge. That was a red flag to me. For the price tag I would expect substantial gains.
The Performance Connect Headers have an x-pipe and then the Performance connect front of tire exhaust has an x-muffler. What I haven't been able to find out is if with the front of tire setup the true x-pipe is removed thereby pushing the x-muffler forward. The pictures on the Stainless Works website are not helpful so I tried calling Stainless Works. The person on the phone didn't have a clue other than what I already knew. I can't imagine that they are running an x-pipe and an x-muffler together but I haven't been able to find out. I was also thinking about the rear exit and then modding the two mufflers to meet my needs. Without good pictures it is hard to make a decision.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:30 PM

The Performance Connect Headers have an x-pipe and then the Performance connect front of tire exhaust has an x-muffler. What I haven't been able to find out is if with the front of tire setup the true x-pipe is removed thereby pushing the x-muffler forward. The pictures on the Stainless Works website are not helpful so I tried calling Stainless Works. The person on the phone didn't have a clue other than what I already knew. I can't imagine that they are running an x-pipe and an x-muffler together but I haven't been able to find out. I was also thinking about the rear exit and then modding the two mufflers to meet my needs. Without good pictures it is hard to make a decision.
the performance connect front of tire says it uses an X
resonator muffler. The factory connect version uses a Y then two in two out muffler.

Not it sure why two X’s in the perf system but that’s what it says?
Old 11-23-2017, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by SC_Titan
the performance connect front of tire says it uses an X
resonator muffler. The factory connect version uses a Y then two in two out muffler.

Not it sure why two X’s in the perf system but that’s what it says?
The two X's is the issue I am having. In the pictures the front of the wheel x-muffler is much longer than the two mufflers in the behind the wheel configuration so I am thinking that the true x-pipe is deleted and replaced by the x-muffler with the front of the wheel setup. Good pictures would make it a lot easier.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:14 PM

Well I just pulled the trigger on the Stainless Works Performance Connect Headers and Performance Connect Cat Back that exits behind the wheel.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:41 AM

Well I just pulled the trigger on the Stainless Works Performance Connect Headers and Performance Connect Cat Back that exits behind the wheel.
nice! Be sure to put up some vids when you get installed
Old 11-24-2017, 08:40 AM
Ezekiel 25:17

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,215 Posts

I’m more curious on volume than anything else. I know they make a great product...I just like my stuff quiet these days. My last experience with long tubes and 3” true duals on a supercharged truck was anything but quiet. lol

Quick Reply: Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Catback Exhaust