Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.

Ssi vs 5 star

 
Old 02-10-2019, 06:35 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,526
Received 150 Likes on 135 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by engineermike
If this thread were a contest, @blue5.0 won on post 13.
He made it easy to win
blue5.0 is online now  
Old 02-10-2019, 08:07 PM
  #32  
Administrator
 
Lenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Letterkenny, Ontario
Posts: 14,152
Received 1,178 Likes on 352 Posts
Default

Man. Every time SSI comes up, some of you guys canít resist turning it into a dumpster fire. Maybe more SSI guys donít post positive things about their tunes and times here because they donít want to deal with the BS that comes along with it? :shrug:

If some of you guys canít keep cool, Iíll issue some time off. Maybe it was on the same night, maybe not. Times are times, tunes are tunes. Does everything have to be a witch hunt?
Lenn is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 09:05 PM
  #33  
Ezekiel 25:17
iTrader: (1)
 
UNBROKEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,257
Received 1,200 Likes on 765 Posts
Default

With high performance stuff where we are all on multiple places and see the same thing over and over...yea...call outs are gonna happen. SSI literally sends guys out to spam other sites...like this one. The guy didnít drop over a full second on a tune swap between SSI and a very reputable tuner...didnít happen. Not on this planet and according to those timeslips not even at the same racetrack. Youíre gonna get more smack talk with go-fast stuff...itís what we live, eat and breathe and I can tell you this much....this is as mild as Iíve ever seen a performance page. Try Yellowbullet...our motto is ďWhere the weak are killed and eatenĒ
Spend an hour there and this is like a choirboy meeting. lol
UNBROKEN is online now  
The following 2 users liked this post by UNBROKEN:
5star (02-11-2019), Spooled (02-11-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 09:17 PM
  #34  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
With high performance stuff where we are all on multiple places and see the same thing over and over...yea...call outs are gonna happen. SSI literally sends guys out to spam other sites...like this one. The guy didnít drop over a full second on a tune swap between SSI and a very reputable tuner...didnít happen. Not on this planet and according to those timeslips not even at the same racetrack. Youíre gonna get more smack talk with go-fast stuff...itís what we live, eat and breathe and I can tell you this much....this is as mild as Iíve ever seen a performance page. Try Yellowbullet...our motto is ďWhere the weak are killed and eatenĒ
Spend an hour there and this is like a choirboy meeting. lol
Then why make a huge fuss when i bring up ssi. You dont have to believe it honestly i don't care i like to have fun i Expressed my likes for SSI and my dislikes for 5 star i thought that could be done in a civil matter. Go have fun and stop getting hurt when someone posts something you don't agree with.
Best of luck with your truck and racing season
Austin
1810speed is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 09:32 PM
  #35  
Senior Member
 
BadCon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 617
Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 1810speed View Post
Then why make a huge fuss when i bring up ssi. You dont have to believe it honestly i don't care i like to have fun i Expressed my likes for SSI and my dislikes for 5 star i thought that could be done in a civil matter. Go have fun and stop getting hurt when someone posts something you don't agree with.
Best of luck with your truck and racing season
Austin
Its not that people don't agree with it, its that you are possibly lying and posting false information. How about a picture of the two slips side by side? How about picture of an unfolded slip? We've all called you out, prove us wrong and make us eat crow. That is all anyone is asking. I've never heard of SSI before this thread, and I've never done business with 5 star, so I don't have a dog in this race, but even I have questions about your integrity, and by default the integrity of SSI.

BadCon is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 10:37 PM
  #36  
Administrator
 
Lenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Letterkenny, Ontario
Posts: 14,152
Received 1,178 Likes on 352 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
Try Yellowbullet...our motto is ďWhere the weak are killed and eatenĒ
Spend an hour there and this is like a choirboy meeting. lol
With due respect to those groups, this isnít one of them. They have different core values than I do. This is a different place with different expectations. Not that I am asking all calls of BS to stop, but at this moment, from my perspective this is nothing more than someone posting their opinion on a product and others not liking it. This specific thread isnít the only place youíd find me posting this. I expect my tenured members to know how I want my forum to run. Calling BS is one thing, the shark mentality is something I try to nip real quick. I can do it this easy way or if it continues after Iíve politely asked it to stop, I can make it harder.
Lenn is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 10:48 PM
  #37  
Ezekiel 25:17
iTrader: (1)
 
UNBROKEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,257
Received 1,200 Likes on 765 Posts
Default

Relax man, you’ve made your point. I’m sure everyone will play nice now.
Your house, your rules.
UNBROKEN is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:23 AM
  #38  
Senior Member
 
Sirikenewtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,251
Received 247 Likes on 219 Posts
Default

Lol I knew this was gonna be a good one. Just Google (Shawn Elis SSI) then select images and you'll see one of the reasons why these get so heated, plenty of screen shots of racism and belittling among other things.
there's a reason why SSI is kicked out of most forums/pages.

And OP ,AGAIN, have you datalogged your 5 Star tunes and gotten revisions? At this point I'm going to say no because you never answered the question in the first place, not that it really matters because the truth has been brought to light about "same track same night"
Sirikenewtron is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:04 PM
  #39  
Senior Member
 
dhmcfadin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,706
Received 610 Likes on 485 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sirikenewtron View Post
Lol I knew this was gonna be a good one. Just Google (Shawn Elis SSI) then select images and you'll see one of the reasons why these get so heated, plenty of screen shots of racism and belittling among other things.
there's a reason why SSI is kicked out of most forums/pages.

And OP ,AGAIN, have you datalogged your 5 Star tunes and gotten revisions? At this point I'm going to say no because you never answered the question in the first place, not that it really matters because the truth has been brought to light about "same track same night"
Wow. No respectable person or business owner should EVER talk like that. I am stunned that this guy even has a business or customer base left.
dhmcfadin is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ssi vs 5 star


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: