Rough Country Speedometer Calibrator 04-14 Ford F-150 Review - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing
Rough Country Speedometer Calibrator 04-14 Ford F-150 Review >

Rough Country Speedometer Calibrator 04-14 Ford F-150 Review

Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.

Rough Country Speedometer Calibrator 04-14 Ford F-150 Review

Old 02-08-2019, 07:22 PM

Default Rough Country Speedometer Calibrator 04-14 Ford F-150 Review

I know, I could have gone the Forscan route, or purchased a real tuner, but I didn't have the time or money.....That being said, I purchased the Rough Country Speedometer Calibrator, in order to reprogram the speedo on my 2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost. I went from stock (275-55-20) tires to 34.1 inch Michelin LTX A/T2's (275-65-20). Bottom line is the calibrator worked but the tire sizes on the calibrator are not close to being right. I can understand a quarter inch difference, but not a 1 inch difference. I started with their 34 inch tire setting and my speedo was off (over) by 4+ mph. I had to reprogram my truck 5 times, before I finally got it right (display is in .25 inch increments). I ended up using their 33 inch tire program. Basically my axle to ground height is greater by 1 inch (stock 32 inch compared to 34 inch) and that's what I would recommend a person using to recalibrate their speedo. For example, if you're going to a 4 inch taller tire, chose a 2 inch taller setting displayed on their calibrator (at least to start with). At 80 mph (the faster you're going, the more off a setting will be), the speedometer is now dead on. I couldn't find a review on the Rough Country speedometer calibrator anywhere , so I just thought I would share my experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to medicchief For This Useful Post:
Dredd75 (03-19-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rough Country Speedometer Calibrator 04-14 Ford F-150 Review

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: