Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible oil leak after header

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 09:41 AM

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Possible oil leak after header

I was under the truck last night and noticed what appeared to be a small bit of oil leaking right after my passenger side header. I have seen condensation/water leak from here before. I inspected it, but it didn't really feel like the consistency of oil, nor smell like it. It did appear to be black. It also didn't stain my garage floor. Could this just be some condensation mixing with maybe sludge? Either way, if anyone can point me in a great direction of where to start, that would be helpful. I checked the oil and the level is spot on. I have recently started using a tune from a different company, their cam timing is quite different and they also run leaner than my tune with MPT, outside of that the only thing I've done recently was clean my oil filter (S&B) with their kit. I'm not sure if either of these items could play into it as well. Happy weekend folks, hoping my truck doesn't blow up.

Quick Reply: Possible oil leak after header